The Wall Street Journal's Jason Gay writes Tuesday about what should be obvious by now: The Nets may be Brooklyn's team, but the brand is Brooklyn, not the Nets.
"If it's possible for a sports franchise to take a decades-old nickname, shrink it to fine print, and shove it in a drawer, that's what is happening here," he writes. "The Nets is a sidecar, an auxiliary, an Oates to a Hall. Brooklyn is The Brand."
But after Monday's successful branding (re-branding?), that may not be a bad thing, Gay adds. He notes that while popping in and out of the NBA Store Monday, he met a man from Perth, Australia (not Perth Amboy, New Jersey), who was "buying Nets clothing to show off to friends in Perth. It is real. Brooklyn basketball is alive."
- In Brooklyn, the Nets Try to Stay Simple - Jason Gay - Wall Street Journal
- In Brooklyn, Finding Hope in the Hapless Nets - Joseph Berger - New York Times
A team grows in Brooklyn - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- New-look Nets: Brooklyn team unveils new logo - Roderick Boone - New York Newsday
Brooklyn Nets unveil new logo and black and white color scheme - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Photo Gallery: Nets unveil Brooklyn Nets logo - Corey Sipkin - New York Daily News
Brooklyn Nets go BLACK & WHITE (Video) - Pete Tenney - Brooklyn Fans
Brooklyn Nets Show Off New Logo Designed By Jay-Z (Video) - Jeanine Ramirez - NY1
- Nets switch color, logo for move to Brooklyn - AFP
- Brooklyn Nets unveil black and white logo - AP
Bruce Ratner hopeful of more hockey - AP
How does the new Brooklyn Nets logo look on actual Brooklynites? - Nate Jones - Metro
- Nets unveil new look for move to Brooklyn - Andy Vasquez - The Record
As Nets leave Jersey behind, hope for NBA lingers in Garden State - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- GEICO SportsNite: Brooklyn Nets (Video) - SNY
Brooklyn Nets represent more than one fresh start - Chuck Shilken - Los Angeles Times
- NETS VIDEO: Brooklyn Nets - Brand Identity Launch - Brooklyn Nets
NETS: Brooklyn Residents Pick Up Tix in Presale - Ben Couch - Brooklyn Nets