Apr 8, 2012; Newark, NJ, USA; New Jersey Nets forward Gerald Green (14)goes up for a layup during the first half against the Cleveland Cavaliers at the Prudential Center. Mandatory Credit: Joe Camporeale-US PRESSWIRE
The Nets took their Prudential Center winning streak to three games on Sunday, though it took them an extra five minutes to do it. Gerald Wallace was lost to a strained left hamstring in the second quarter, but Gerald Green picked up the slack in a 122-117 victory over the Cavs. The Nets have now won five of their last seven, six of their last nine.
The game also marked the return of Mikhail Prokhorov, who landed at Teterboro at 4:47 and was at the game by 6. The Nets are 8-2 with him in the building.
The Nets led by as many as 12 in the second quarter and by nine early in the fourth. The Cavs came back and tied the game several times in the second half, but never took the lead as the teams kept trading buckets. Green put the Nets up 109-106 with a three with 37 seconds left, but then Lester Hudson sent the game to overtime with a three with 0.3 seconds on the clock.
The Nets finally got some stops in the extra period, going up by seven with less than two minutes to go. The Cavs had a chance to tie with 11 seconds left, but Hudson missed a three this time and Green sealed the game at the line.
The Nets' two leading scorers came off the bench. Green led the way with a season-high 32 points, hitting five of his seven threes, and Anthony Morrow added 24. Deron Williams (18 points and 10 assists) and Kris Humphries (16 points and 11 rebounds) each recorded double-doubles.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Cavaliers vs. Nets (Video) - NBA.com
- Gerald Wallace's Injury (Video) - NBA.com
- Green, Morrow lead Nets past Cavaliers in OT - AP
- Nets go overtime to beat Cleveland with Prokhorov watching - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Owner sees Nets win - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
Nets are tough enough in win over Cavs - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Nets win with owner in the stands - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Nancy Newman - YES Network
- Avery Johnson on Nets' health woes (Video) - YES Network
NETS Game Center (Game 58) - Ben Couch - New Jersey Nets
- Lester Hudson shines in defeat - Jason Lloyd - Akron Beacon Journal
- Cavaliers notebook: Time is running out for Varejao - Jason Lloyd - Akron Beacon Journal
- Despite outbreak of 'Lesanity,' Cavaliers fall in overtime - Don Reed - Cleveland Plain-Dealer
Cavs' Hudson promises resolve - Sam Amico - FOX Sports Ohio