The Nets led from start to finish, scoring 33 points in the first quarter and leading by as many as 22 early in the fourth. They shot a season-high 56 percent from the field and had a season-high 32 assists on their 45 field goals.
Deron Williams was asked after the game if he’d like to see more of the team, because of the recent good play.
"You would," Williams responded, with a laugh. Then after a long pause added with a smile: "19 days," the time left between now and the season's end.
Five Nets scored in double-figures, led by Gerald Wallace and Deron Williams with 19 points apiece, and with Williams adding 13 assists. MarShon Brooks finished with 18 points, six rebounds and six assists, Anthony Morrow added 17 points on 8-for-11 shooting, and Kris Humphries grabbed 12 rebounds. Jordan Williams, who's played well lately, finished with a season high 14 points on 7-for-7 shooting.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Wizards vs. Nets (Video) - NBA.com
- Notebook: Nets 110, Wizards 96 - Jake Appleman - NBA.com
- Williams' double-double leads Nets over Wizards - Tom Canavan - AP
Deron Williams counting down days, after Nets' 110-98 win over Washington - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets triumph; ailing Lopez shut down - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets' Brooks seeing more time at point guard - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets rout Wizards, 110-98, but Deron Williams counting the days? - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Nets throttle Washington Wizards at Prudential Center - Kristie Ackert - New York Daily News
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Nancy Newman - YES Network
- From the Booth (Video) - Ian Eagle & Mike Fratello - YES Network
Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Washington’s defensive lapses lead to fifth straight loss - Michael Lee - Washington Post
- Wizards looking forward to some rest - Michael Lee - Washington Post
Worn-out Wizards drop fifth straight game, 110-98 to Nets - Carla Peay - Washington Times