March 16, 2012; Orlando FL, USA; New Jersey Nets guard MarShon Brooks (9) dribbles the ball during the first half against the Orlando Magic at Amway Center. Mandatory Credit: Kim Klement-US PRESSWIRE
If this was a regular basketball game, the Nets lost. If it was a tanking contest, the Nets won big time. Either way, the score was Raptors 98, Nets 67 in Toronto in the final game of New Jersey Nets basketball. The Nets narrowly avoided the lowest scoring output in franchise history (62).
The loss pushed the Nets (22-44) below the Raptors (23-43) in the final standings. Their lottery odds will depend on the results of games played by the Cavs, Hornets and Kings. At worst, the Nets will have the sixth worst record and a 21.5 percent chance at landing a top-3 pick. At best, they'll be in a four-way tie for the third worst record.
The Nets trailed 17-2 after five minutes on Thursday and were down 54-27 at the half. They shot just 30 percent for the night, and every Net shot less than 50 percent. Armon Johnson and Anthony Morrow led them with 11 points apiece, and Jordan Williams (10 points and 10 rebounds) recorded the second double-double of his career. Former Net Ben Uzoh recorded the first Raptors triple-double in 11 years, finishing with 12 points, 11 rebounds and 12 assists.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Uzoh has triple-double as Raptors rout Nets - AP
- Nets ended New Jersey era with 98-67 loss at Toronto Raptors - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Johan Petro scores the final basket in New Jersey Nets history - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
Petro scores final New Jersey basket - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets play pitifully in season finale against Toronto Raptors - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Nancy Newman - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference re: Nets moving to Brooklyn (Video) - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference re: the final game of season (Video) - YES Network
Raptors’ winds of change will have to wait - Canadian Press
- Nets' subs no match for Raptors' subs - Eric Koreen - Canada.com
- Raptors’ winds of change will have to wait - Jeff Blair - Toronto Globe & Mail
Toronto Raptors’ backups beat New Jersey Nets’ backups in season finale - Doug Smith - Toronto Star