Apr 14, 2012; Newark, NJ, USA; Boston Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo (9) drives to the basket against New Jersey Nets power forward Kris Humphries (43) during the first half at the Prudential Center. Mandatory Credit: Jim O'Connor-US PRESSWIRE
The Nets shot 53 percent in the first half. They led most of the first 18 minutes, gave up the lead midway through the second quarter, and then tied it at 48 with a Gerald Green three at the buzzer.
But the Celtics took control with a 9-0 run to start the third and led by 13 heading into the fourth. They led by as many as 17 as the Nets shot just 11-for-47 (23 percent) in the second half.
Gerald Wallace didn't play for the third straight game, adding to concerns that he may not return this season. The Nets have missed 223 games to injury, etc.
Green led the Nets with 15 points and MarShon Brooks added 13. Jordan Williams recorded his first career double-double with 12 points and 14 rebounds. Deron Williams also had a double-double with 12 points and 14 assists (eight in the first quarter), but shot just 3-for-12.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Celtics vs. Nets (Video) - NBA.com
- Bradley keys Celtics win over New Jersey Nets - Tom Canavan - AP
- The Czar (Video) - NBA.com
- Celtics pull away in the third quarter to beat the Nets, 94-82 - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Net future falls short vs. Celtics - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Nets notes - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets fall at home to Celtics, 94-82 - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Nets notes: Deron dishes on D.C. - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Rex watches Nets get dismantled by Celts - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
The Brooklyn inconvenience - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
- Rapid Reaction: Celtics 94, Nets 82 - Greg Payne - ESPN Boston
- Celts shore up game - Steve Bulpett - Boston Herald
- Three straight is old-school hoops - Steve Bulpett - Boston Herald
- Celtics cut down Nets, 94-82 - A. Sherrod Blakely - NECN
Kevin Garnett, Celtics Take Fight Out of Inferior Foe In Win Over New Jersey Nets - Ben Watanabe - NESN
That's More Like It, Kevin Garnett Leads Celtics Over Nets - Jeff Clark - Celtics Blog