Apr 13, 2012; Philadelphia, PA, USA; New Jersey Nets guard Gerald Green (14) shoots under pressure from Philadelphia 76ers forward Elton Brand (42) and forward Andre Iguodala (9) during the second quarter at the Wells Fargo Center. Mandatory Credit: Howard Smith-US PRESSWIRE
Three days after getting eliminated by the Sixers at home, the Nets went down to Philadelphia and played spoiler, winning for the second time at the Wells Fargo Center, 95-89 on Friday night.
The teams traded leads in the first half and the second half was tight throughout. Gerald Green put the Nets up five with a three with 1:41 left in the game and MarShon Brooks hit a dagger three a minute later.
Green led five Nets in double-figures with 23 points, hitting four of his five threes. Brooks added 22 points and six rebounds. Deron Williams shot just 4-for-14, but had a double-double with 11 points and 10 assists. Kris Humphries picked up his 28th double-double with 18 points and 12 rebounds, and Jordan Williams added 13 points (six in the fourth quarter) and five rebounds.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Nets vs. Sixers (Video) - NBA.com
- Green, Brooks help Nets top 76ers 95-89 - Dan Gelston - AP
- Nets defeat 76ers on day their move to Brooklyn made official - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
Nets help Knicks, defeat 76ers, 95-89 - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Green scores 23 points in Nets' road win against 76ers - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Nets take down Sixers, 95-89, in Philadelphia - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Nets’ youngsters have plenty to play for - Andy Vasquez - NJ Nets Nation
Post Game Plus (Video) - Nancy Newman - YES Network
- Sixers lose to Nets, fall to eighth place - John N. Mitchell - Philadelphia Inquirer
Young loses ball as Sixers fall to Nets - Martin Frank - Cherry Hill Courier-Post
Lynam's Instant Replay: Nets 95, Sixers 89 (Video) - Dei Lynam - CSN Philly
- Sixers' identity proves mixed with loss to Nets - Gordie Jones - CSN Philly