The Nets have their first three-game winning streak of the season, thanks to a 111-99 victory in Sacramento on Saturday. In the past two nights, the Nets have passed the Raptors, Cavs and Kings in the standings ... and in draft position.
The win, on national television, gives the Nets a 12-16 road record.
The Kings had a nine-point lead early, but the Nets recovered from a slow start to lead by three at halftime. They took control with a 13-3 run to start the third quarter and led by as many as 19 with less than seven minutes to go in the fourth. The Kings scored the next 12 points to cut the lead down to seven, but four straight points from Deron Williams allowed the Nets to hold them off.
Anthony Morrow led the Nets with 24 points, hitting six of his 11 three-point attempts. Williams added 19 points, six rebounds, and 15 assists. Kris Humphries recorded his 23rd double-double of the season, Gerald Wallace finished with 18 points, six rebounds, three assists, two steals and a block, and Johan Petro had one of his best games as a Net, adding 12 points, five rebounds, four assists, and two blocks.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Nets vs. Kings: First half (Video) - NBA.com
- Petro Rocks the Rim (Video) - NBA.com
- Morrow, Williams lead Nets past Kings, 111-99 - AP
Tank this: Nets win again - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Chris Shearn - YES Network
- From the Booth (Video) - Ian Eagle & Mike Fratello - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Gerald Wallace Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
- Lackluster follow-up to big road win - Jason Jones - Sacramento Bee
- Kings notes: Nets' Johnson praises Kings' Williams - Jason Jones - Sacramento Bee
- A rising star, Sacramento Kings Isaiah Thomas defies 'Mr. Irrelevant ' tag - Stephen Magagnini - Sacramento Bee
Kings 99, Nets 111: That Deron Williams Guy is Pretty Good - Aykis16 - Sactown Royalty