NEWARK, NJ - MARCH 07: Jordan Farmar #2 of the New Jersey Nets drives for a shot attempt in the second half against the Los Angeles Clippers at Prudential Center on March 7, 2012 in Newark, New Jersey. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Chris Chambers/Getty Images)
The Nets blew an 18-point lead against the Clippers on Wednesday, and were almost undone by two bad perimeter fouls in the final minute. But they managed to snap their seven-game home losing streak with a 101-100 victory when Jordan Farmar hit a game-winning three-pointer with 0.2 seconds left.
Led by eight straight points from Farmar, the Nets took control with a 15-3 run spanning the first and second quarters. They led by 12 at the half and went up by as many as 18 in the third. But the Clippers climbed all the way back to tie the game with 4:34 to go in the fourth, and tied it again when MarShon Brooks fouled Randy Foye on a jumper that banked in with 38 seconds left. Anthony Morrow then missed a three, Shelden Williams fouled Chris Paul on the perimeter, and Paul put the Clippers up by two with 8.9 seconds left.
After the Clippers kicked the ball, the Nets had it out of bounds with five seconds left. It was inbounded in the backcourt to Deron Williams, who was double-teamed. He then found Farmar a few feet beyond the arc on the right side, and Farmar swished a three to put the Nets up one with 0.2 on the clock. After a timeout, the Clippers didn't get a shot off.
The Nets shot 46 percent from the field and 11-for-22 from three-point range, with six players in double-figures. Deron Williams led the way with 21 points, six rebounds and 10 assists. Brooks scored 16 of his 19 in the first half, Farmar finished with 16, and both Kris Humphries and Shelden Williams had double-doubles.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Clippers vs. Nets (Video) - NBA.com
- Farmar's Game Winner (Video) - NBA.com
- Farmar 3-pointer leads Nets over Clippers - Tom Canavan - AP
- Nets edge Clippers as Farmar hits winning shot - Conor Orr - Star-Ledger
- Los Angeles Clippers bring excitement to Nets' arena - Conor Orr - Star-Ledger
Clippers' Randy Foye, a Newark native, still takes hoops, life in stride - Dave Dalessandro - Star-Ledger
- Farmar’s 3 helps Nets ‘clip’ L.A. - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Nets overcome Brooks’ late foul - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Farmar's last-second three-point helps Nets sink Clippers - Andy Vasquez - The Record
Deron Williams longs for playoff stage - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Clippers sunk by Farmar's game winning 3-pointer - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
Blake Griffin and Kris Humphries get physical, entertaining - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
Nets Stun Clippers With Last-Second Three-Pointer - Reuters
- Rapid Reaction: Nets 101, Clippers 100 - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Farmar's 3 snaps Nets' home skid at seven - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Nancy Newman - YES Network
- From the Booth (Video) - Ian Eagle & Jim Spanarkel - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
Jordan Farmar Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
- Jordan Farmar game-winner over Clippers (Video) - CBS Sports
- Struggling Clippers lose to Nets, 101-100, on buzzer-beater - Broderick Turner - Los Angeles Times
- Blake Griffin suffers left ankle sprain in loss to Nets - Broderick Turner - Los Angeles Times
- Clippers stopped cold by Nets' last-second shot - Dan Woike - Orange County Register
- New Jersy Nets 101 Los Angeles Clippers 100. Breaking the Law - johnnyOC - Clips Nation
Clippers Vs. Nets - Disastrously Bad Defense on the Final Possession - Steve Perrin 0 Clips Naton