March 30, 2012; Oakland, CA, USA; New Jersey Nets small forward Gerald Wallace (45) blocks the shot of Golden State Warriors guard Charles Jenkins (right) during the fourth quarter at ORACLE Arena. The Nets defeated the Warriors 102-100. Mandatory Credit: Kyle Terada-US PRESSWIRE
The Nets were 7-for-28 from the field with more turnovers (eight) than baskets midway through the second quarter, trailing by 14. They were down 19 with four minutes to go in the third, but climbed all the way back and tied the game at 98 with two minutes to go in the fourth.
After David Lee put the Warriors back up two, Gerald Green scored four straight points on drives to the basket to give the Nets their first lead, 102-100, since the opening minutes. After Deron Williams blocked a Brandon Rush drive, he turned the ball over with 8.7 seconds left, giving the Warriors a final chance to tie or win the game. But Gerald Wallace snuffed out a Charles Jenkins drive to seal the win.
Wallace led the Nets with 24 points, 18 rebounds and six steals, adding five assists and the game-saving block. Williams shot just 2-for-13, but hit a big three in the fourth and dished out 20 assists, tying an NBA season high. Green and Kris Humphries each added 20 points. The Nets had 28 assists on their 35 field goals
While noting his decision "will come," Wallace spoke highly of the Nets. "The future looks good, if we had everybody healthy. We have an elite point guard, we have one of the up-and-coming centers ... so our future looks great."
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Nets vs. Warriors (Video) - NBA.com
- Nets rally from 19 down to beat Warriors - AP
- Nineteen down? No big deal for Nets - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
Nets' 102-100 win Friday over Golden State hurts their chances in the NBA draft lottery - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets rally past Warriors - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Nets add D-Leaguer - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Chris Shearn - YES Network
- From the Booth (Video) - Ian Eagle & Mike Fratello - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
Gerald Green Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
- Versatility is ticket for Warriors' Dominic McGuire - Rusty Simmons - San Francisco Chronicle
- Nets edge Warriors - Marcus Thompson II - Contra Costa Times
- Nets stun Warriors at Oracle - Matt Steinmetz - CSN Bay Area
WARRIORS: Game Recap: Warriors vs. Nets - Golden State Warriors