Mar 28, 2012; Newark, NJ, USA; New Jersey Nets small forward Gerald Wallace (45) drives to the basket during the first half against Indiana Pacers small forward Danny Granger (33) at the Prudential Center. Mandatory Credit: Jim O'Connor-US PRESSWIRE
Avery Johnson challenged his team after Monday's awful effort against the Jazz. And on Wednesday, the Nets responded with one of their best wins of the season, a 100-84 defeat of the Pacers. Along the way, they suffered two more injuries, bringing their healthy-body count down to eight.
Early in the second quarter, Tyler Hansbrough poked Shelden Williams in the eye, and Shelden was later taken to Hackensack Medical Center for observation. Then, early in the third quarter, Roy Hibbert hit Jordan Williams in the head with an elbow, and Jordan left the game with concussion-like symptoms.
Avery Johnson said the Nets are "really concerned" about Shelden Williams' injury, less so about Jordan Williams.
The Nets started the game strong and led by nine early in the second quarter. The Pacers came back and eventually took a three-point lead early in the third. But the Nets answered with a 7-0 run, led by two at the end of the period, and then outscored the Pacers 28-9 in the first nine minutes of the fourth to blow the game open.
The Nets shot 49 percent from the field. Deron Williams led them with 30 points and nine assists, shooting 11-for-19 from the field. Marshon Brooks added 17 points and Gerald Green finished with 14. Gerald Wallace shot just 3-for-14, but had 10 points, six rebounds, five assists, three steals and a block, holding Danny Granger to just five points.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Pacers vs Nets (Video) - NBA.com
- Jordan Williams' Injury (Video) - NBA.com
- Notebook: Nets 100, Pacers 84 - Abe Schwadron - NBA.com
- Deron Williams leads depleted Nets over Pacers - Tom Canavan - AP
- Undermanned New Jersey Nets defeat Indiana Pacers - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets’ Shelden Williams suffers right eye injury - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Deron Williams, Nets crush Indiana Pacers, 100-84 - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets win & pace about future - Ebenezer Samuel - New York Daily News
- Nets down the Pacers, 100-84 - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Last season in Jersey has Nets' fans dreaming of Kentucky - Andy Vasquez - The Record
Deron Williams and Gerald Wallace: The Pick-and-Read - Devin Kharpeterian - Nets are Scorching
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Nancy Newman - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Deron Williams Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
- Jordan Williams' Injury (Video) - YES Network
- Pacers: They go to Jersey and “lay an egg” - Mike Wells - Indianapolis Star
- Pacers fall back to earth versus Nets after beating NBA elite - Mike Wells - Indianapolis Star
- Pacers notebook: Team takes in Broadway show on Bird, Magic - Mike Wells - Indianapolis Star