In the latest example of how bad the Nets are at the Prudential Center, they couldn't take advantage of a team that had played four overtimes 24 hours earlier, falling to the Utah Jazz, 105-84, on Monday.
The Nets shot 12-for-39 in the first half and trailed by as many as 22 points early in the third quarter.
They outscored the Jazz 37-18 over the next 12 minutes to get to within three early in the fourth, but Utah answered with a 7-0 run and eventually went back up 23 in the final minute.
Utah shot 52 percent for the game and was led by Paul Millsap's 24 points and 13 rebounds. Gerald Green led the Nets with 20 points. Deron Williams finished with 17 points and 11 assists, but made just seven of his 21 shots. Jordan Williams had another solid game, scoring 13 points and grabbing six rebounds in 20 minutes.
Jazz beat writers made fun of the Nets effort, with one saying they were "lackadaisical, unenergetic, frustrated and struggled mightily to score and defend. In other words, the New Jersey Nets looked like they normally do." Another tweeted early that the "Nets look horrible. No way around it. Can't finish. Can't shoot. Can't execute. No energy", even describing Nets beat writers as laughing at the lack of effort with a "'What'd you expect?" shrug."
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Jazz vs. Nets (Video) - NBA.com
- Millsap double-double leads weary Jazz over Nets - Tom Canavan - AP
Notebook: Jazz 105, Nets 84 - Adam Figman - NBA.com
Nets fall to Paul Millsap, Utah Jazz, 105-84 - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets hit flat note vs. Jazz - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Groin injury sidelines Nets' Farmar - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Old friends help Jazz torch Nets - Peter Botte - New York Daily News
- Nets beaten badly by the Jazz, 105-84 - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Nets notes: Familiar faces return - Andy Vasquez - The Record
Harris and Favors return - Andy Vasquez - NJ Nets Nation
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Nancy Newman - YES Network
- From the Booth (Video) - Ian Eagle & Mike Fratello - YES Network
- Jordan Williams Interview (Video) - YES Network
- MarShon Brooks Interview (Video) - YES Network
- Nets no match for Jazz, former teammates (Postgame Video Inside) - Gregory Hrinya - Examiner
- Favors rewards Utah's gamble - Gregory Hrinya - Examiner
- Re-energized Jazz knock off the Nets, 105-84 - Jody Genessy - Deseret News
Utah Jazz: D-Will praises his ex-teammates for how they've played this season - Jody Genessy - Deseret News
- Utah Jazz-New Jersey Nets: Instant Analysis - David Smith - Deseret News
- While Utah Jazz soar, Deron Williams is dragged down in New Jersey - Brian T. Smith - Salt Lake Tribune
- Final: Utah Jazz 105, New Jersey Nets 84 - Brian T. Smith - Salt Lake Tribune
Being critical of Deron Williams is easy - Dave Noriega - KSL