The game was low-scoring and went back and forth most of the night. An 11-0 run gave the Nets a seven-point lead heading into the fourth quarter, but Atlanta came back and eventually took a nine-point lead with less than four minutes to go. The Nets got back to within four, but the Hawks held them off to complete the four-game season sweep.
The Nets showed glimpses of strong defense, but shot just 40 percent from the field and 6-for-25 from three-point range. Deron Williams led them with 20 points and eight assists, and Kris Humphries added 17 points and eight rebounds.
Anthony Morrow and Gerald Green were also in double-figures, but shot a combined 8-for-23. Gerald Wallace had eight points, nine rebounds and six assists, but was 3-for-14. Jordan Williams had one of his better games as a pro, scoring eight points and grabbing three boards in 15 minutes. He was a plus 11.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Notebook: Hawks 93, Nets 84 - Matt Winkeljohn - NBA.com
- Smith scores 30 as Hawks hold off Nets, 93-84 - George Henry - AP
- Lopez to sit out longer; Nets lose fifth straight - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Nets notes: Execution undoes effort - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Deron: Nets need better effort in fourth quarter - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Lopez remains on shelf - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Lopez's absence and Hawks hurt Nets - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
Nets swept by Hawks - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Chris Shearn - YES Network
- From the Booth (Video) - Ryan Ruocco & Mike Fratello - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
Jordan Williams Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
- Nets eyeing the lottery as losing streak hits five - Gregory Hrinya - Examiner
Hawks hold off Nets for victory - Michael Cunningham - Atlanta Journal Constitution
- Hawks 93, Nets 84 - Michael Cunningham - AJC Hawks Blog