The big news Friday may have nothing to do with the game. This is the day the Nets are supposed to announce their latest update on the status of Brook Lopez's sprained ankle, not his first game back. Lopez hasn't been practicing with his teammates and some have suggested he could be the sixth Nets player to have his season ended by injury.
The Hawks had one of their top players, Al Horford, go down with a season-ending injury of his own, with a torn pectoral muscle. Jannero Pargo is out after an appendectomy. Marvin Williams returns Friday night after a minor hip injury as does Willie Green, who always seems to have good games vs. New Jersey. Atlanta remains in sixth place in the East with a 27-21 record, following an overtime win Wednesday in which Josh Smith went for 37 points, 17 rebounds, five assists and three blocks.
The Nets of course are trying to end a four-game losing streak that started after Diwght Howard changed his mind and dashed any real hopes for the playoffs. Jordan Farmar remains questionable and Shelden Williams continues to deal with a painful shoulder injury but he's still pushing for a perfect attendance record this season.
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- Atlanta Hawks Game Notes - Atlanta Hawks
- Getting Inside - New Jersey Nets* - Sports Xchange
Getting Inside - Atlanta Hawks - Sports Xchange
- Nets-Hawks Preview - Matt Beardmore - Stats LLC
- Nets miss opportunity to gain ground in playoff race - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets frustrations growing as trouble continue - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
Nets seem destined to play the role of spoiler - Andy Vasquez - The Record