Adrian Wojnarowski is reporting the Nets have reached an agreement to send Mehmet Okur, Shawne Williams and a top 3 protected 1st round pick in this year's to Portland for Gerald Wallace. The Nets would retain their 2012 pick only if it falls in the top three after the lottery.
Wallace, 29, earns $9.5 million this season with a player option at the same salary next season. The amount can rise to more than $11 million if he meets certain incentives, which have not been publicized.
A 6'7" forward known for his intense play, Wallace is averaging 13.3 points and 6.6 rebounds, shooting 47.2% overall and 26.5% from three, both down from his career averages. His15.55 Player Efficiency Rating is his lowest since 2004-05.
- Nets acquire Gerald Wallace from Blazers - Adrian Wojnarowski - Yahoo! Sports
- Dwight stays in Orlando, Nets close to deal - Andy Vasquez - NJ Nets Nation
- Nets agree to acquire Gerald Wallace - Marc Stein - ESPN
Rapid Reaction: Nets acquire Wallace - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Nets acquiring Wallace from Blazers - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Nets get Gerald Wallace, but future still rests on Deron Williams - Zach Lowe - Sports Illustrated
A panicked Nets squad just traded for Gerald Wallace - Kelly Dwyer - Ball Don't Lie
- Wallace Trade Fits Portland Plan - Jason Fleming - HoopsWorld
- Nets won't deal Deron Williams; trade roundup - Jeff Zillgitt & Michael Falgoust - USA Today
Chances 'more real than ever' for D-Will - FOX Sports Southwest