At some point this has to stop. But early Thursday morning, two reports from Orlando had Dwight Howard changing his mind again and saying he would sign the ETO waiver to stay in Orlando through next season.
Jerrod Rudolph of Real GM says he spoke with Howard personally, and that Howard "will sign the contract in the morning on Thursday." Hoopsworld's Alex Kennedy adds that Howard "may fire Dan Fegan," which was emphatically denied by Howard's manager. Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel, without confirming the report, notes in a tweet: "Jarrod Rudolph of RealGM is the media member who is tightest with Dwight, by far."
- Dwight Howard Confirms He'll Sign Opt In Thursday Morning - RealGM
- Dwight Howard changes course again: I'm staying - Adrian Wojnarowski - Yahoo! Sports
Reports: Dwight Howard to opt in (again) after late night change of heart? - Ben Golliver - CBS Sports
- Magic's best way to keep Dwight? Try to trade him - J.A. Adande - ESPN
- Yet Another Reversal: Howard To Opt In For 2012-13 In Orlando? - Sekou Smith - NBA.com
- Report: Dwight Howard flip-flops again, will stay in Orlando - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Report: Dwight Howard has a remarkable change of heart, will opt-in for 2012-13 season - Josh Robbins - Orlando Sentinel
- Schmitz’ Take: Dwight Howard saga delayed, not definitive - Brian Schmitz - Orlando Sentinel
Video Dwight Howard s postgame comments on Wednesday (Video) - Orlando Sentinel