It's likely that some of the Nets players who took to the court Wednesday will be playing for other teams by Friday, but that didn't stop them from playing one of the season's better executed second halves. The Nets outscored the Raptors, 57-38 after halftime, led by Gerald Green and Kris Humphries.
Green scored a game-high 26 points for the second time in three games. Although there were no spectacular dunks this time, Green showed off a more complete game, with drives to the basket, difficult shots under pressure and a finger roll played out to perfection. Of his 26, 20 came in the second half. Humphries had another monster game, with 16 points and a career-high 21 boards, giving him 39 in the last two games. Anthony Morrow finished with 15, Johan Petro and Sundiata Gaines each had 10.
James Johnson and Jerryd Bayless led the Raptors with 16 each. On Thursday, the Nets will fly to Orlando where they play the Magic in what will likely be a Friday night game filled with irony and boos.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- First Half Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Humphries' double-double leads Nets over Raptors - Tom Canavan - AP
- Nets defeat Toronto Raptors, 98-84, in final game before trade deadline - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Dwight Howard the focus of NBA trade rumors as deadline looms - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Mike D'Antoni's resignation from Knicks surprises Nets' Avery Johnson - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
Nets roll past Raptors; clock ticks on Dwight - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Dwight Howard trade talks overshadow NJ Nets' 98-84 victory - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Nets rip Raptors, continue to monitor Dwight Howard situation - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Vasquez: Nets coach would welcome two superstars - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Nets notes: Avery Johnson didn't see Mike D'Antoni's resignation coming - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Rapid Reaction: Nets 98, Raptors 84 - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Johnson surprised by D'Antoni news - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Chris Shearn - YES Network
- From the Booth (Video) - Ryan Ruocco & Mike Fratello - YES Network
Nets go Green, beat Raptors (Postgame Video Inside) - Gregory Hrinya - Examiner
Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Toronto Raptors fall to New Jersey Nets 98-84 - Doug Smith - Toronto Star
Raptors fall apart in second half against Nets - National Post