No word yet on Deron Williams' availability vs. the Bucks. He's been listed day-to-day and word will likely come this morning or even closer to game time. Don't be surprised to see him in one of his very fine Bonobos suits again Monday, however. He's been dealing with a sore calf since the All-Star break and best treatment is rest.
Of course, the other elephant in the room is the trade deadline, at 3 p.m. ET Thursday. There's no indication that the Nets and Magic have discussed the parameters of a deal so a lot of players in the Nets locker room have to be nervous, although at least one, MarShon Brooks says he isn't. Brooks and Gerald Green, of course, were the stars of the Rockets game Saturday, but both said they thought late game mistakes had marred their performance.
For the Bucks, this is a big game. They are one game out of eighth in the East and climbing. Trade rumors are circulating around them as well, however, with injured Andrew Bogut and Stephen Jackson most discussed. Ersan Ilyasova, who has an expiring contract, may also be on the block despite his inspired play recently. The Bucks may simply be unable to pay him the big money (we almost wrote bucks) he'll no doubt demand from teams in the NBA or Euroleague.
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- Milwaukee Bucks Game Notes - Milwaukee Bucks
- Getting Inside - New Jersey Nets - Sports Xchange
- Getting Inside - Milwaukee Bucks - Sports Xchange
- Bucks-Nets Preview - Kate Hedlin - Stats LLC
- Orlando coach Van Gundy waits for D-Day on Howard - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- MarShon Brooks isn't sweating as NBA trading deadline approaches - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Sunday game report: Bucks at Raptors - Charles F. Gardner - Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
Bucks vs. Nets Preview: Milwaukee Hoping Win In New Jersey Can Help Them Catch New York - Frank Madden - BrewHoop