Mar 10 2012; Newark, New Jersey, USA; New Jersey Nets shooting guard Gerald Green (14) dunks over Houston Rockets center Samuel Dalembert (21) during the second half at the Prudential Center. Mandatory Credit: Alan Maglaque-US PRESSWIRE
Playing without Deron Williams and Brook Lopez, the Nets pulled off an inspired comeback against the Rockets at the Prudential Center on Saturday. But they were ultimately done in by a bad bounce, falling 112-106. The loss ended Net hopes for a modest three-game winning streak.
In a game that saw one of the best in-game dunks in recent memory, Houston held a 13-point lead early in the third quarter when the Nets got back into the game with a 10-0 run. They took the lead early in the fourth and were up one with a little more than a minute to go when Gerald Green accidentally tipped in a Courtney Lee miss to put the Rockets up 107-106. And the Nets were unable to score again, missing their final six shots of the game.
Despite the miscue, Green had easily his best game as a Net, scoring 26 points on 10-for-15 shooting and throwing down a fast-break, windmill alley-oop that was the top play on SportsCenter. Marshon Brooks added 23 points and a career-high seven assists. Jordan Farmar finished with 18 points.
Green's teammates called the dunk the best in-game stuff they'd ever seen, and there were reports that LeBron James and Dwyane Wade watched it repeatedly on a mobile phone after their game with the Pacers. Green though saw it differently. "I mean, it was a good play, but it was only worth two points, we still lost."
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- New Dunk of the Year (Video) - NBA.com
Dragic, Scola lead Rockets past Nets, 112-106 - AP
- Nets lose, 112-106, to Houston Rockets without Deron Williams - Jorge Castillo - Star-Ledger
- Houston Rockets' Samuel Dalembert dismayed by St. Patrick's closing - Jorge Castillo - Star-Ledger
- No defense for this Nets loss - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Ex-Net Williams still seeking consistent playing time - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Green provides spark, but Nets flame out against Rockets - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Nets notes: No big deal - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Without Deron Williams, Gerald Green steals spotlight - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Reactions to Gerald Green on pixie dust - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
Rockets' Williams Baffled by McHale - Alex Raskin - HoopsWorld
- Rapid Reaction: Rockets 112, Nets 106 - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Green's dunk brings down the house - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Glad to be back in N.J., T-Will? 'No' - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- D-Will (strained right calf) day-to-day - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Gordon Damer - YES Network
- Jordan Farmar Interview (Video) - YES Network
- MarShon Brooks Interview (Video) - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Gerald Green overshadows Nets' loss (Postgame Video Inside) - Gregory Hrinya - Examiner
- Gerald Green continues to defy the odds - Gregory Hrinya - Examiner
- Rockets 112, Nets 106: With Lowry out, Dragic helps squad halt five-game slide - Jonathan Feigen - Houston Chronicle
- Terrence Williams’ status takes a turn - Jonathan Feigen - Houston Chronicle