Playing without Deron Williams and Brook Lopez, the Nets pulled off an inspired comeback against the Rockets at the Prudential Center on Saturday. But they were ultimately done in by a bad bounce, falling 112-106. The loss ended Net hopes for a modest three-game winning streak.
In a game that saw one of the best in-game dunks in recent memory, Houston held a 13-point lead early in the third quarter when the Nets got back into the game with a 10-0 run. They took the lead early in the fourth and were up one with a little more than a minute to go when Gerald Green accidentally tipped in a Courtney Lee miss to put the Rockets up 107-106. And the Nets were unable to score again, missing their final six shots of the game.
Despite the miscue, Green had easily his best game as a Net, scoring 26 points on 10-for-15 shooting and throwing down a fast-break, windmill alley-oop that was the top play on SportsCenter. Marshon Brooks added 23 points and a career-high seven assists. Jordan Farmar finished with 18 points.
Green's teammates called the dunk the best in-game stuff they'd ever seen, and there were reports that LeBron James and Dwyane Wade watched it repeatedly on a mobile phone after their game with the Pacers. Green though saw it differently. "I mean, it was a good play, but it was only worth two points, we still lost."
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- New Dunk of the Year (Video) - NBA.com
Dragic, Scola lead Rockets past Nets, 112-106 - AP
- Nets lose, 112-106, to Houston Rockets without Deron Williams - Jorge Castillo - Star-Ledger
- Houston Rockets' Samuel Dalembert dismayed by St. Patrick's closing - Jorge Castillo - Star-Ledger
- No defense for this Nets loss - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Ex-Net Williams still seeking consistent playing time - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Green provides spark, but Nets flame out against Rockets - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Nets notes: No big deal - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Without Deron Williams, Gerald Green steals spotlight - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Reactions to Gerald Green on pixie dust - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
Rockets' Williams Baffled by McHale - Alex Raskin - HoopsWorld
- Rapid Reaction: Rockets 112, Nets 106 - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Green's dunk brings down the house - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Glad to be back in N.J., T-Will? 'No' - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- D-Will (strained right calf) day-to-day - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Gordon Damer - YES Network
- Jordan Farmar Interview (Video) - YES Network
- MarShon Brooks Interview (Video) - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Gerald Green overshadows Nets' loss (Postgame Video Inside) - Gregory Hrinya - Examiner
- Gerald Green continues to defy the odds - Gregory Hrinya - Examiner
- Rockets 112, Nets 106: With Lowry out, Dragic helps squad halt five-game slide - Jonathan Feigen - Houston Chronicle
- Terrence Williams’ status takes a turn - Jonathan Feigen - Houston Chronicle