The Nets had only eight players last week when they beat the Pistons by three points. When they play Lawrence Frank's charges again on Wednesday, they will have 10 players in uniform. Considering one of them is Anthony Morrow, who's scored 81 points his last three games, that's a big improvement.
The Pistons will be without the same three players they didn't have last week: Ben Gordon, Charlie Villanueva and Will Bynum. There's a chance Gordon and Bynum might play, but also there's also a possibility that Brandon Knight (broken nose) might not. Detroit is, of course, one of the NBA's worst teams, but the Pistons have won two straight, vs. the Bucks and Hornets, in close games, led by sophomore forward Greg Monroe.who's now averaging 16 and nine.
Morrow, who's returning from honoring his grandmother, hasn't missed a foul shot since January 16 and is second in the NBA in three pointers. Kris Humphries has also quietly been effective as a scorer, averaging 16 points and nine rebounds this month. Hump is also fifth in the NBA in offensive rebounds and ninth in total rebounds.
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- Detroit Pistons Game Notes - Detroit Pistons
- Getting Inside - New Jersey Nets - Sports Xchange
- Getting Inside - Detroit Pistons - Sports Xchange
- Pistons-Nets Preview - Santosh Venkataraman - Stats LLC
Nets know they can't brush off Detroit Pistons - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Little big problem for no-Lopez Nets - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Nets looking for signs of life - Pete Caldera - The Record
- Brandon Knight becomes man in the mask for Pistons - Vincent Goodwill - Detroit News
Pistons' forward Jason Maxiell eats less, plays more - Vince Ellis - Detroit Free Press