The All-Star Break is over. The circus that was Orlando, with all its trade rumors and speculation, is done. So time to move on to something less stressful...like Dallas.
Dallas?! Could there anyplace more stressful? Over the weekend, it was Dwight Howard getting all the questions. Tuesday, it will be Deron Williams and already Avery Johnson has admitted that he takes Mark Cuban's interest in D-Will quite seriously. "For me, working for Mark Cuban, he’s a threat. (laughs) OK? I know the guy," said the coach.
For Williams' part, he admits he likes playing in his hometown. "I just enjoy playing here. Fans are great. It’s always good when arenas have a lot of energy. Ours doesn’t have too much energy."
Brook Lopez is expected to play 30 minutes of so, Williams is probable with a sore foot; Jordan Farmar is a game time decision. Mehmet Okur is out till at least March 8. The stress isn't limited to the Nets. Lamar Odom is out for family reasons and there are some who think he is done for the season.
Finally, there is the weird pairing of two teams whose players have spent a lot of time in their competitor's uniforms. Former Nets Jason Kidd, Vince Carter, Yi Jianlian and Brandan Wright suit up for the Mavericks and ex-Mavericks DeShawn Stevenson, Kris Humphries and Gerald Green (who will wear No. 14) will play for the Nets. Stevenson will get his championship ring Tuesday.
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- Dallas Mavericks Game Notes - Dallas Mavericks
- Getting Inside - New Jersey Nets - Sports Xchange
- Getting Inside - Dallas Mavericks - Sports Xchange
- Nets-Mavericks Preview - Jeff Bartl - Stats LLC
Deron Williams praises his hometown Dallas Mavericks amid uncertainty over his future - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets' Deron Williams hints Dallas could be a landing spot - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Nets view Mark Cuban as a “threat” - Andy Vasquez - NJ Nets Nation
Nets ready for future ‘threat’ - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Deron Williams says he loves playing in his hometown of Dallas - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Avery Johnson: Mark Cuban "is a threat" to snatch away Deron Williams - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
Jason Kidd talks retirement and Brooklyn - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
- D-Will 'probable' for Dallas game - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
Avery Johnson: Mavericks major threat to sign Deron Williams - Tim MacMahon - ESPN Dallas
- Deron Williams says Nets ready for weeks of speculation - Kurt Helin - NBC Sports
- GameDay: New Jersey Nets at Dallas Mavericks - Dwain Price - Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- Can Mavericks survive second-half sprint? - Dwain Price - Fort Worth Star-Telegram
No timetable for Lamar Odom's return to Dallas Mavericks - Jeff Caplan - ESPN Dallas
- Deron Williams would definitely consider coming home to play for Mavs - Brandon George - Dallas Morning News
- Nets at Mavericks, 7:30 p.m.: DeShawn Stevenson set to receive NBA championship ring - Dallas Morning News
- Mavs at the break: Key stats, big match ups and the curious case of Lamar Odom - Eddie Sefko - Dallas Morning News
Lamar Odom, still dealing with family matter, misses practice; Roddy returns - Brad Townsend - Dallas Morning News