If Deron Williams and Dwight Howard had a plan to say nothing about their possible pairing in Brooklyn, they succeeded. The closest either came to discussing it was Williams response, "We'll see" when asked about whether he and Howard would ever play together.
But the Nets continue to have high confidence they are going to come away with Howard either at the deadline or in free agency and that's the feeling among most --but not all-- GM's visiting Orlando. Mitch Lawrence wrote of the risks of failure, quoting "one Eastern Conference GM" as saying, "They’re all-in to get Howard, one way or another. But if Williams leaves, then they’ll be an expansion team going to a new arena. That’s a disaster.’’
Williams once again talked about how much he liked the Nets, but... "I like where I’m at. I like the organization. We have a lot of great pieces, but we’ll see what happens as the season goes on."
- Dwight Howard center of attention in Orlando - Mitch Lawrence - New York Daily News
- Deron, Dwight avoid Nets pairing questions - Fred Kerber - New York Post
VIDEO: Kerber on Nets at break - Noah Coslov - CineSport
- All-Star spotlight shines on Jeremy Lin - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Where the League’s Best Try to Sidestep Trade Talk - Peter Kerasotis - New York Times
- All-Star weekend takes spotlight off Lin for a few days and puts it back on Howard - Brian Mahoney - AP
The Beat: LeBron, Williams On Staying Aggressive (Video) - Lang Whitaker, David Aldridge and Vince Cellini - NBA.com
- Dwight Howard finds easygoing celebrity game good for a few laughs - Josh Robbins - Orlando Sentinel
Dwight Howard Interview (Video) - David Aldridge - NBA.com