It's Linsanity, Part II, for the Nets on President's Day. The Nets will be getting their second look at Jeremy Lin, his rise to sports and media stardom having started when Mike Dantoni inserted him in the game February 4. He scored 25 points, distributed seven assists, the Knicks beat the Nets,99-92. The rest is history.
Monday, then, will be a test for Lin and the Nets. It will be the first time that the previously unknown point guard will face a team for the second time. The Nets will be the first team to have a full game of tape to work with. On February 4, the only scouting info on Lin was that if he didn't do well vs. the Nets, he would cut or sent back down to Erie in the D-League. Moreover, the Knicks are expected to be at full-strength, with Carmelo Anthony in the lineup. How he can work within the new Lin-dominated system may be the biggest question in years for New York.
For the Nets, of course, it will be the last game of the team's last back-to-back-to-back. From here on out, the schedule gets easier. That's good because once again, the Nets will be undermanned with only 10 players available. The Nets haven't had 12 since January 29. Brook Lopez, who looked very rusty vs. the Bucks, won't play vs the Knicks and Jordan Farmar will rest his strained groin through the All-Star Break. As expected, Mehmet Okur is also out til the break is over. The Knicks' Tyson Chandler will be evaluated Monday after injuring both wrists and tailbone in a fall vs. Dallas.
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- New York Knicks Game Notes - New York Knicks
- Getting Inside - New Jersey Nets - Sports Xchange
- Getting Inside - New York Knicks - Sports Xchange
- Nets-Knicks Preview - Alan Ferguson - Stats LLC
Nets will get second crack at Jeremy Lin, this time with a scouting report - Mike Vorkunov - Star- Ledger
- Knick talking title after Lin leads them to win over Mavericks - Marc Berman - New York Post
Tyson Chandler not worried about rough day against former team Dallas Mavericks - Frank Isola & Peter Botte - New York Daily News
- Chandler hurts both wrists, tailbone - Al Iannazzone - New York Newsday
- Chandler to be evaluated before NJ game - Ian Begley - ESPN New York
- J.R. Smith's emergence could be a game-changer - Stephen A. Smith - ESPN New York
J.R. Smith's odyssey brings him back home - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
- Jeremy Lin's success is due to coach's system, says Mavericks' Jason Terry - Adrian Wojnarowski - Yahoo! Sports
Lin, D'Antoni are a match made in basketball heaven - Ken Berger - CBS Sports
- Jeremy Lin sends Knicks ticket prices skyrocketing - Ticket News
- Sponsors Line up to Court Knicks' Jeremy Lin - Rich Thomaselli - Ad Age
Jeremy Lin: No, I'm not dating Kim Kardashian - USA Today