CHICAGO, IL - FEBRUARY 18: Deron Williams #8 of the New Jersey Nets shoots over Ronnie Brewer #11 of the Chicago Bulls at the United Center on February 18, 2012 in Chicago, Illinois. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images)
The Nets' eight-game losing streak came to an end in the most unusual fashion on Saturday, an easy road victory over the team with the league's best record. The 97-85 defeat was just the Bulls' second at home this season.
Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau said of the Nets. "I want to give New Jersey credit ... They were ready... We were back on our heels and you get what you deserve."
The Nets made 10 of their first 12 shots, had a 26-9 lead midway through the first quarter, and led by as many as 18 late in the period. The Bulls cut their lead down to seven late in the second, but the Nets finished the half on a 7-0 run and led by 19 midway through the third, holding on for a 12-point win.
After the hot start, the Nets kept the Bulls at bay with defense, holding them to just 39 percent shooting for the game. The Nets got big games from Kris Humphries (24 points and 18 rebounds) and Deron Williams (29 points and eight assists). MarShon Brooks added 19 points and Shelden Williams grabbed 14 boards.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Nets vs. Bulls (Video) - NBA.com
Nets pound Bulls 97-85, stop 8-game slide - Andrew Siegelman - AP
- Nets shock league-leading Chicago Bulls, win 97-85 - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
Nets corral Bulls; Brook back tonight - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Nets beat Bulls as injured Derrick Rose sits, Brook Lopez return on horizon - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Nets 97, Bulls 85 — Final - Andy Vasquez - NJ Nets Nation
Nets stun the Bulls in Chicago, 97-85 - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Nets End Losing Streak, Hand Bulls Just Second Home Loss, 97-85 - Ryan Jones - SB Nation
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Gordon Damer - YES Network
- From the Booth (Video) - Ryan Ruocco & Jim Spanarkel - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
Kris Humphries Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
Rapid Reaction: Nets 97, Bulls 85 - Nick Friedell - ESPN Chicago
- With Rose out, Nets pull surprise and beat Bulls 97-85 - K.C. Johnson - Chicago Tribune
- Nets 97, Bulls 85: Worst game of the year for the Bulls - Neil Hayes - Chicago Sun-Times
- Will Rose play Monday? - Mike McGraw - Chicago Daily Herald
Bulls' starters energy deficient against Nets - WGN
Bulls fall hard in surprising, disappointing defeat to Nets - Aggrey Sam - Comcast Sports Net Chicago