It couldn't get over fast enough. In as ugly a loss as there has been this season, the Nets got blown out by the Pistons, Although the final score was 109-92, it wasn't that close. The Nets were down 30 in the third, 27 in the fourth, the biggest margin of the season. It was also the Nets' fifth straight loss.
Individually, the game was filled with unforced turnovers, missed layups and a general lack of energy and focus. The Nets ran out to 7-0 lead early, but the Pistons then went on a 24-8 run the rest of the quarter. In the third, the Nets fell behind 78-48, then 100-73 in the fourth.
Want another indicator how bad things were? Johan Petro was the high scorer with 16, the beneficiary of big minutes in a blowout. Deron Williams and Jordan Farmar finished with 14, but Anthony Morrow scored only two, Kris Humphries five points to go with six rebounds. Marshon Brooks, in his first game back, played 17 minutes and scored seven points. For Detroit, Jonas Jerebko, Rodney Stuckey and Greg Monroe finished with 20, 19 and 18.
Deron Williams said after the game,: "I got nothing for ya’ll tonight. It’s the same ol’ story every game. It’s kind of hard to really answer what went wrong."
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Notebook: Pistons 109, Nets 92 - Dana Gauruder - NBA.com
- Pistons win 4th straight, 109-92 over Nets - Noah Trister - AP
- Night to forget as Nets lose to Pistons - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Lopez return now in sight - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets crushed by Pistons, 109-92, despite Brooks' return - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets' Brook Lopez says he is ready to return to practice - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets don’t show up in blowout loss to Pistons - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Nets notes: MarShon Brooks returns to lineup - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Nets suffer embarrassing road defeat vs. Detroit Pistons - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
Stevenson's knees feel eight years younger after blood was spun - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Chris Shearn - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
Shawne Williams Interview (Video) - YES Network
Pistons gnash Nets for fourth straight win - Vincent Goodwill - Detroit News
- Detroit Pistons run win streak to four games in rout of New Jersey Nets - David Mayo - MLive
Greg Monroe surprised by news that his dunk ended Keith Bogans' season - David Mayo - MLive