Kyle Terada-US PRESSWIRE
Nets proceeding slowly with center.
Brook Lopez (mild sprain, right foot) went through a light individual workout Thursday, Avery Johnson told beat writers, but he still wants him to go through a full practice before returning the Nets center to the court. So Lopez will be out Friday vs. the Warriors, his fourth straight missed game.
Lopez did straight running today, no contact or lateral running. "It's about confidence, recovery. At some point, it'll be about contact," said Johnson.
Johnson also said he's hopeful Reggie Evans (flu) will be available vs. Golden State but wouldn't commit.
Under ideal conditions, Lopez will practice Saturday, which would put him in position to return vs. the Bucks on Sunday afternoon. Andray Blatche will again start for Lopez. The 6'11" center is averaging 17.7 points, 9.3 rebounds and shooting 51 percent overall.
Johnson also said that he didn't believe the league is "picking on the Nets" for flopping violations -- even though two Nets, Evans and Gerald Wallace have been fined $5,000 each. He also said he doesn't think the two will let the fines affect their play. "Not worried at all."
- Lopez to miss Friday's game vs. Warriors - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Lopez looks worth the money - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Nets won't rush Brook Lopez back from foot injury - Rod Boone - Newsday
- Nets' Lopez improving, but won't play against Warriors - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Avery: Flopping fines won't change Nets' style - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Evans Could Return Friday; Lopez Still Out - Howard Beck - New York Times
- Nets Lead N.B.A. in Flopping Violations So Far - Howard Beck - New York Times
- Lopez Out Again, Nets Searching for Stability - Ben Couch - Brooklyn Nets
- Lopez Out Friday, Evans Should Return - Ben Couch - Brooklyn Nets
- Nets' Lopez out Friday vs. Golden State - Lou DiPietro - YES Network
- Johnson reflects on Coach of the Month - Lou DiPietro - YES Network
- Jay-Z says he had to fight to get Nets herringbone court - Kurt Helin - NBC Sports
- Brooklyn Nets, Deron Williams still finding groove - Sam Gardner - FOX Sports