The Nets became the first team to have two players fined for violating the new NBA flopping rule. After being warned last week, Gerald Wallace was fined $5,000 Wednesday. He joins teammate Reggie Evans, who was fined the same amount two weeks ago.
Wallace was warned initially after the Knicks game for a flop on Carmelo Anthony and was fined for an alleged flop against the Heat's LeBron James. Here's video of the infraction that led to the fine. Wallace will be fined $10,000 for the next violation, $15,000 for his fourth violation, and $30,000 for his fifth violation. The sixth violation of the flopping rule is subject to league review.
- Wallace fined by NBA (Video) - NBA.com
- Gerald Wallace fined for flopping - Rod Boone - Newsday
- Nets’ Gerald Wallace becomes second player fined for flopping - Kurt Helin - NBC Sports
- Nets' Wallace fined $5,000 for flopping against Heat - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Nets forward Gerald Wallace fined for flopping against LeBron James - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Nets' Wallace draws $5K fine for flopping - Lou DiPietro - YES Network