When it comes to flopping violations, the Nets have two pair.
The Nets became the first team to have two players fined for violating the new NBA flopping rule. After being warned last week, Gerald Wallace was fined $5,000 Wednesday. He joins teammate Reggie Evans, who was fined the same amount two weeks ago.
Wallace was warned initially after the Knicks game for a flop on Carmelo Anthony and was fined for an alleged flop against the Heat's LeBron James. Here's video of the infraction that led to the fine. Wallace will be fined $10,000 for the next violation, $15,000 for his fourth violation, and $30,000 for his fifth violation. The sixth violation of the flopping rule is subject to league review.
- Wallace fined by NBA (Video) - NBA.com
- Gerald Wallace fined for flopping - Rod Boone - Newsday
- Nets’ Gerald Wallace becomes second player fined for flopping - Kurt Helin - NBC Sports
- Nets' Wallace fined $5,000 for flopping against Heat - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Nets forward Gerald Wallace fined for flopping against LeBron James - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Nets' Wallace draws $5K fine for flopping - Lou DiPietro - YES Network