Debby Wong-US PRESSWIRE
Oh, for the good days in Salt Lake City
Into each NBA life, a little controversy must fall.
"That system was a great system for my style of play," Williams said of the "flex" offense run by his former coach, Jerry Sloan. "I’m a system player. I love Coach Sloan’s system. I loved the offense there."
Wait a minute. Didn't he and Sloan have a falling out that may or may not have led to Sloan's mid-season resignation back in 2010?
"Is it as good as there? No," he said, when asked if the Nets' system was as good as the Jazz. "There’s just more one-on-one and isos" in the Brooklyn offensive playbook. WIlliams, whose numbers this year, both on offense and defense, are all down, also noted he has been hurt the entire time he's been in New Jersey and Brooklyn. ""I’ve really had injuries I’ve been dealing with the whole time."
Williams was quick to add that it's only December and that he can adapt but he sounded like he really didn't want to.
Is this an uh-oh moment for Avery Johnson, in the last year of his deal with the Nets? Nope, he says.
"I even told him before practice today in our video session, nothing is wrong with his game," Johnson said. "Everything is going to be fine. It’s the 23rd game of the season. He has a chance to get on a roll for the next 23 games."
- Brooklyn Nets Game Notes - Brooklyn Nets
- Utah Jazz Game Notes - Utah Jazz
- Jazz at Nets - December 18, 2012 - Nicolino diBenedetto - STATS
- Misfiring Deron Williams Takes Shot at the Nets’ System - Howard Beck - New York Times
- Deron Williams not comfortable in Avery Johnson’s system with Nets - Stefan Bondy - NY Daily News
- Deron: System to blame for awry shot - Brian Lewis - New York Post
- Deron Williams still adapting to Nets' style of play - Steve Zipay - Newsday
- Deron Williams of Brooklyn Nets says he's not the same since trade from Utah - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Deron Williams: System Player In The Wrong System - Devin Kharpertian - The Brooklyn Game
- Nets Happy To Have Lopez Back (Video) - Jeff Caplan - NBA.com
- Johnson: ‘Supreme Confidence’ In Deron Williams - Jeff Caplan - NBA.com
- Deron Williams: 'I'm not the same player since Utah traded me'; says Jazz’s system was a better fit - Ryan Carreon - Deseret News
- Utah Jazz basketball: Jazz ready to face Williams, Nets - Mike Sorenson - Deseret News
- Utah Jazz: Tinsley to play first game in Brooklyn - Steve Luhm - Salt Lake Tribune
The Downbeat: Sad Deron Is Sad - My_Lo - SLC Dunk