Mike DiNovo-US PRESSWIRE
With the end of the Dwightmare, this game had to loom large for Brook Lopez, who the Magic made clear they didn't want in return for Dwight Howard. Is a matter of personal pride?
Brook Lopez hasn't played well the last two games, vs. the Timberwolves and Heat. After a dominating performance and the Raptors on Saturday night, he hasn't approached that level since. Friday night, he gets a chance to redeem himself and show some of his biggest detractors what he can do.
Magic executives, writers and fans trashed Lopez last season, then again in the off-season when the Nets proposed sending their seven-footer (along with MarShon Brooks, Kris Humphries and four first rounders) to Orlando for Dwight Howard. Not that interested, the Magic passed and made a deal for Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic, Christian Eyenga and Moe Harkless plus three protected first rounders and two second rounders, one protected.
The Magic are 2-2 and a surprise. They don't have much in the post to defend Lopez with Nikola Vucevic and Gustavo Ayon their best bigs. Their strength lies in perimeter scoring with Afflalo, J.J. Redick and Glen Davis all averaging above 17. Harrington and Hedo Turkoglu are out and Jameer Nelson is questionable.
For the Nets, Gerald Wallace is out and decision time for Josh Childress is likely to be Friday's shootaround. The game is the first of a home-and-home, with the Magic visiting Barclays Center Sunday.
- Brooklyn Nets Game Notes - Brooklyn Nets
- Orlando Magic Game Notes - Orlando Magic
- Nets at Magic Preview - Jeff Bartl - STATS
- Nets Caught Between Off-Season Hype and a Slow Start - Howard Beck - New York Times
- Joe Johnson isn't concerned about his slow start with Nets - Rod Boone - Newsday
- Avery Johnson needs team to step up since he's on final year of his contract - Stefan Bondy - NY Daily News
- Nets try to work out kinks in Orlando - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Wallace to sit again Friday - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Three things to watch in Nets-Magic - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Nets Continue Search for Chemistry - Ben Couch - Brooklyn Nets
- Practice Interviews - Nov. 8 (Video) - Ben Couch - Brooklyn Nets
- Winderman: Nets still trying to find identity - Ira Winderman - NBC Sports
- Nets to be without Gerald Wallace for Friday vs. Magic - Kurt Helin - NBC Sports
- Nets at Magic game preview - FOX Sports Florida
- Denton Opens Up Mailbag - John Denton - Orlando Magic
- Brooklyn Nets Tickets - TiqIQ