The Nets flew to Miami Tuesday for a two-game, four-day road trip that begins with a Wednesday night contest with the defending champion Heat. It will be a chance for the team to get away from the problems still associated with Hurricane Sandy ... and their dismal 33-point swing and loss Monday night. Now, they face a surging Heat.
After two lackadaisical games vs. the Knicks and Nuggets, particularly on defense, the Heat returned to form Tuesday with a 25-point win over the increasingly woeful Suns. After the Heat (3-1) let the Knicks own the perimeter in Game 2 and the Nuggets own the paint in Game 3, they put the clamps on Phoenix in Game 4. The Suns shot under 40 percent for the game and were out-rebounded by Heat, 49-38. Meanwhile, Miami had an extraordinary shooting night, going 54.7 percent from the floor and 57.7 percent from three-point range.
Fore the Nets, here's a consolation: two years ago, on November 9, the Heat with their new Big Three had a 22-point lead against the Jazz (starring Deron Williams, Paul Millsap and Andrei Kirilenko) but lost in overtime. That was the game that Millsap had 46 points and D-Will had 14 assists. (Thanks to ELone for this.)
- Brooklyn Nets Game Notes - Brooklyn Nets
- Miami Heat Game Notes - Miami Heat
- Nets-Heat Preview - Jordan Ferguson - STATS
- Nets Team, With Wallace, Shaped With Heat in Mind - Howard Beck - New York Times
- Nets promise to respond vs. Heat after stinging loss - Kristie Ackert - New York Daily News
- Nets hope Wallace will be available to guard LeBron - Rod Boone - Newsday
- Nets need Wallace for matchup vs. LeBron - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Optimism? Pessimism? Room for both - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Time to Move On and Face the Heat - Scott Cacciola - Wall Street Journal
- Big-money Brooklyn Nets hope to follow Miami Heat’s path - Linda Robertson - Miami Herald
- The Heat for the first time face the new-look Brooklyn Nets - Shandel Richardson - South Florida Sun Sentinel
- Brooklyn Nets Tickets - TiqIQ