The Nets' have their second five-game winning streak of the season, thanks to another easy win over the Orlando Magic. Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace led the way in this one, a 98-86 victory in Orlando on Friday night.
Brooklyn led by just one after a sluggish first half, but used a 15-4 run to build a cushion midway through the third quarter. Strong defense, along with some offense from Johnson and Andray Blatche then held the Magic down in the fourth.
The Nets were pretty efficient until garbage time. They shot 46 percent from the field and 11-for-20 from 3-point range, while turning the ball over just eight times. And their defense was strong once again, holding the Magic to just 45 percent shooting and 1-for-9 on threes.
Johnson led all scorers with 22 points on 10-for-16 shooting, while Wallace scored a season-high 20 points, hitting 5-for-6 from three. Blatche added 14 points and nine rebounds, while Deron Williams finished with 11 points and seven assists. Reggie Evans had his fifth straight game of 10 or more rebounds.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Nets vs. Magic (Video) - NBA.com
- Nets vs. Magic: First half (Video) - NBA.com
- Nets topple Magic 98-86 - Kyle Hightower - AP
- Notebook: Nets 98, Magic 86 - Dick Scanlon - NBA.com
- Avery discusses 98-86 win over the Magic (Video) - YES Network
- Wallace discusses his performance in Friday's win (Video) - Sarah Kustok -YES Network
- Avery discusses extent of Brook Lopez's inury (Video) - YES Network
- Williams discusses 98-86 win over Magic (Video) - YES Network
- Gerald Wallace and Joe Johnson Lead Nets to Win Over Magic - Jake Appleman - New York Times
- Brook Lopez's Right Foot Is Not Hurt Badly. Really - Howard Beck - New York Times
- Nets stomp Magic, win fifth straight game - Stefan Bondy - NY Daily News
Wallace’s outside shooting helps power Nets past Magic - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Hot shooting by Wallace, Johnson helps Nets to franchise-best fifth straight win - Rod Boone - Newsday
- Rapid Reaction: Nets 98, Magic 86 - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Wallace can do it all … even shoot lights out at Orlando - Pete Tenney - Brooklyn Fans
- No MarShon Brooks? Stackhouse explains (Video) - Pete Tenney - Brooklyn Fans
- Nets handle Magic, 98-86 - Brian Schmitz - Orlando Sentinel
- Brooklyn Nets Tickets - TiqIQ