The Clippers led by seven at halftime, thanks to an 8-0 run to end the 2nd quarter, but the Nets completely stifled them in the second half - allowing only 29 points.
Joe Johnson added 19 points on 8-for-12 shooting and appeared to be more aggressive and comfortable with his shot. Reggie Evans had a strong game as well, pulling down 12 rebounds in 22 minutes and picking up some of the slack for an ineffective Kris Humphries.
"My guys are just getting me good looks around the basket," Lopez said. "Where I can get one dribble or just go up and dunk and I'm getting a lot of easy looks thanks to them."
The game was tied at 74 with 4:15 remaining, but Lopez and Johnson keyed an exciting 12 point run - including a Johnson dagger three from the right corner - to put the Clippers away.
- Blake Griffin had a HUGE block on Deron Williams at the end of the 1st quarter. Brook Lopez reciprocated with a 3rd quarter swat of a Griffin attempt that traveled 20 feet. (Both highlights are linked below.)
- The teams combined for 36 turnovers, with LA collecting 20.
- The Clippers outscored the Nets 17-0 in fast break points. The last time the Nets had no fast break points was February 8, 2009 in a 101-84 loss to the Orlando Magic.
- The Clippers had a 10 rebound advantage, but they shot only 40% to the Nets' 46%. The Clips were 4-for-17 from three.
- The win took Deron Williams' record against Chris Paul to 14-4.
- Oh yeah, this, too.
- Box Score - NBA.com
- Clippers vs. Nets (Video) - NBA.com
- Lopez off the Pick and Roll (Video) - NBA.com
- Griffin's Big Block (Video) - NBA.com
- Clippers vs. Nets - First Half (Video) - NBA.com
- Williams to Wallace (Video) - NBA.com
- Lopez Denies Griffin (Video) - NBA.com
- Evans to Lopez (Video) - NBA.com
- Crawford Scoops and Hits (Video) - NBA.com
- Did The Nets Turn A Corner Defensively? - John Schuhmann - NBA.com
- Nets vs. Clippers - Postgame Interviews (Video) - Ben Couch - Brooklyn Nets
- Avery talks about Friday's win over Clippers (Video) - YES Network
- Lopez on win, 26-point effort on Friday (Video) - YES Network
- Joe Johnson talks about Friday night's win (Video) - YES Network
- Nets shut down Clippers in fourth, win 86-76 - Brian Mahoney - Associated Press
- Rapid Reaction - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- D the difference in 2nd half of Nets' victory - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Notebook: Lopez, Johnson pick up D-Will - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Gerald Wallace of Brooklyn Nets logs 38 minutes in return - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Los Angeles Clippers get reality check on road - Brian Windhorst ESPN
- Rapid Reaction - Arash Markazi - ESPN Los Angeles
- Nets Keep It Simple in Victory Over Clippers - Howard Beck - New York Times
- Clips can’t stop Lopez in Nets win - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Teletovic inactive for Nets against Clippers - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Avery actively tinkering with Nets’ inactive list - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Brook Lopez posts 26, sparks second-half run in victory over Clippers - Stefan Bondy - NY Daily News
- Brook Lopez, Joe Johnson lead Nets over red-hot Clippers - Rod Boone - Newsday
- Andray Blatche Seeks to Be Net Gain - Scott Cacciola - Wall Street Journal
- Chris Paul and Blake Griffin Kinda Agree, Nets Defense Was Good - Moke Hamilton - SNY
- Lopez emerges as Brooklyn's anchor (Video) - Gregory Hrinya - Examiner
- Nets beat Clippers, ‘over-rated’ Griffin to start big weekend - Jason Schott - Brooklyn Fans
- Clippers falter in second half of loss to Brooklyn Nets - Broderick Turner - Los Angeles Times
- Clippers' Caron Butler starts against Brooklyn - Broderick Turner - Los Angeles Times
- Brooklyn Nets Tickets - TiqIQ