Kyle Terada-US PRESSWIRE
The Nets drop their second game in as many nights, falling to 6-4.
The night started out just fine. The Nets shot 14-for-19 in the first quarter and led by as many as 13 points early in the second. But the lead was just five at halftime and then came the third quarter. The Warriors won the period 33-20 and built a 10-point lead early in the fourth. The Nets couldn't make a dent in the deficit after that, because they couldn't get nearly enough stops.
After the hot first quarter, the Nets shot just 24-for-64 (38 percent) over the final 36 minutes. The Warriors, meanwhile, shot 53 percent for the game. They were lead by their backcourt of Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson, who combined for 48 points.
“We’ve got to figure out how to change it up," said Avery Johnson after another third-quarter collapse. "Our defense had a low grade in the third quarter. They made some threes, they ran it up our throats and then offensively, we just couldn’t get it going."
Brook Lopez led the Nets again with 22 points on 10-for-16 shooting. Andray Blatche added 11 points and seven rebounds off the bench. Joe Johnson made his first three shots, but finished just 5-for-13 and Deron Williams was just 4-for-12, missing all five of his three-point attempts. Gerald Wallace and Jerry Stackhouse were given the night off.
Rod Boone reports the locker room was particularly depressed after the loss, tweeting "Deron was pretty bummed out. Might've been the most glum I've seen him all season. He put the loss on himself, said he played like crap."
The Nets now face a homestand where they will play the Clippers, Trailblazers and Knicks, all with winning records, over a four-day stretch starting Friday night. It may be the toughest homestand of the season.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Nets vs. Warriors (Video) - NBA.com
- Thompson rallies Warriors past Nets 102-93 - Michael Wagaman - AP
- Avery Johnson on losing back-to-back games (Video) - YES Network
- Williams on Brooklyn's second-half struggles in loss (Video) - YES Network
- Nets vs. Warriors - Postgame Interviews (Video) - Brooklyn Nets
Photo Gallery: Nets vs Warriors Game 10 - Brooklyn Nets
- Poor second half dooms Nets in loss to Warriors - Rod Boone - Newsday
- Gerald Wallace earns a rest with his tough defensive play for Nets - Rod Boone - Newsday
- Nets Fall Flat Against Warriors as Energy Wanes - Jake Appleman - New York Times
- Gerald Wallace Gives Nets Defensive Lift - Jake Appleman - New York Times
- Nets let first-half lead slip away, fall to Warriors - Stefan Bondy - NY Daily News
- Brooklyn Nets fall to Golden State Warriors - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Rapid Reaction: Warriors 102, Nets 93 - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Rapid Recap: #Warriors 102, Nets 93 - Jim Mancari - SNY
- Game 12: Warriors 102, Brooklyn 93 - Rusty Simmons - San Francisco Chronicle
- Golden State Warriors hold off Brooklyn Nets - Marcus Thompson II - San Jose Mercury-News
- Brooklyn Nets Tickets - TiqIQ