Have the Nets really improved since their 30-point loss in Miami? We'll find out Thursday night.
One of the Nets sidelined by left ankle sprains may be in uniform and ready to go Thursday vs. the Celtics. But it won't be Gerald Wallace. Meanwhile, on the other side of the court, Rajon Rondo may be missing. It's all about ankles.
"He just kind of took some shots today," Avery Johnson said early Wednesday of Wallace. "We’ll see how he’s feeling tomorrow. He’s doing good ... Right now it’s just 50-50." Later, Wallace himself told Mike Mazzeo he isn't playing. "I'm not playing tomorrow," Wallace said. "I'm basically day to day. I'm just doing what they tell me.
Johnson called MarShon Brooks "probable." Wallace has missed five games since going down near the end of the season opener vs. the Raptors. Brooks, who hurt his ankle in practice, has missed three games.
The Nets only other medical issue is that Andray Blatche had all the symptoms of a migraine headache but is expected to play in Thursday's nationally televised game on TNT.
The Celtics, picked by many to be the Heat's main rival in the East this season, are 5-3, after beating the Jazz Wednesday, 98-93, for their third straight win. Rondo is questionable for the Nets after hurting his right ankle vs. Utah. Leandro Barbosa will fill in for Rondo if he can't go, as he did late in the Jazz game. The Celtics are, thanks to , first in assists in the NBA. However, before the Utah game, they are 20th in the NBA in points allowed, very unlike a Doc Rivers coached team, and 30th and last in rebounding.
- Brooklyn Nets Tickets - TiqIQ
- Brooklyn Nets Game Notes - Brooklyn Nets
- Boston Celtics Game Notes - Boston Celtics
- Celtics at Nets - November 15, 2012 - Matt Beardmore - STATS
- Joe Johnson says Nets want to make statement against Celtics - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Wallace iffy vs. Celts; Brooks 'probable' - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Nets covet Celtics' 'nastiness,' 'swagger' - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Nets know tough test against Boston Celtics will be chance to prove themselves - Stefan Bondy - NY Daily News
- Joe Johnson says Nets want to make statement against Celtics - Rod Boone - Newsday
- Nets face first big division test against Celtics - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Wallace out, Brooks likely to play for Nets vs. Celtics - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Three things to watch for in Nets-Celtics - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Joe Johnson finally shows the world what the Nets' offense should look like - Howard Megdal - Capital New York
- Rajon Rondo’s status up in the air - Frank Dell'Apa - Boston Globe
- Leandro Barbosa eases fear of no Rajon Rondo - Steve Bulpett - Boston Herald
- Doc: 'I have no idea' if Rondo will play against Nets - A. Sherrod Blakely - Comcast Sports New England
- Nets-Celtics an early Atlantic barometer—and a chance for Rondo-Williams - Sean Deveney - Sporting News