Brooklyn Nets/Adam Pantozzi
The Nets travel to Los Angeles to face the Lakers in late November and it appears everyone is circling November 20. After Shaquille O'Neal told other NBA analysts that he considers Brook Lopez and Andrew Bynum better big men than Dwight Howard, everyone had something to say. And in LA, just before Thanksgiving, there will be something to do.
Lopez was grateful, Deron Williams was encouraging and Avery Johnson said he understood exactly what Shaq was talking about. Dwight Howard...not so much. "I don't care what Shaq says. Shaq played the game. He's done. He's gone. It's time to move on." Note that D12 didn't mention O'Neal's accomplishments.
The Nets center was understated and gracious. "That’s definitely a huge compliment from one of the most dominant big men of all-time," Lopez said Thursday. "So it’s a great compliment. I definitely think Dwight’s a great center ... Bynum as well is one of the best centers in the league. They’re all great challenges for me."
D-Will said his teammate has been unjustly underrated. "People start labeling you a certain type of player. Brook has been going strong, he has been going after every rebound in practice. I expect a big year from him."
On Friday, Phil Jackson checked in, disagreeing with Shaq but offering praise for Lopez and Andrew Bynum, Shaq's other favorite. "Brook and Andrew are guys who have good touches. They’re good scoring players and they have good offensive games,” Jackson said on the “Waddle and Silvy Show” on ESPN 1000 in Chicago on Friday.
- Shaq says Brook is better than Dwight, and Avery Johnson understands why - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
- Brook to Shaq: Thanks, big guy - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Shaq’s Top 2 N.B.A. Centers - Lopez and Bynum - Howard Beck - New York Times
- Nets’ Lopez glad he’s healthy again - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Shaquille O'Neal gives Nets center Brook Lopez major props - Rod Boone - New York Newsday
- Nets React to Shaq: Lopez VS Howard?? (Video) - Brooklyn Fans
- Lopez May Be A Consolation Prize, But He’s Still Key To Nets’ Fortunes - Steve Lichtenstein - WFAN
- Dwight Howard fires back at Shaq: 'Your time is up' - Adrian Wojnarowski - Yahoo! Sports
- Lakers center Dwight Howard fires back at Shaq - Mike Bresnahan - Los Angeles Times
- Dwight Howard responds to Shaquille O'Neal's criticism: 'Move on, let it go' - Ben Golliver - CBS Sports
- Phil Jackson says there's 'a lot to what' Shaquille O'Neal said about Dwight Howard - Ramona Shelburne - ESPN