Deron Williams, diagnosed with left ankle synovitis (inflamed tissue), received injection today and will miss two days of practice and could get a third day of rest with the Nets possibly off Sunday. He wasn't the only player missing from practice Friday. Josh Childress (left ankle), Andray Blatche (flu) & Keith Bogans (right knee/tailbone) didn't practice today. Bogans missed Wednesday's game against the Knicks with the same issue. Blatche tweeted later that he is feeling "much better."
Avery Johnson told beat reporters that the injury is not serious and expects him back at practice next week. He added that it may be something the team will have to monitor throughout the season. Synovitis is usually treated with anti-inflammatory drugs. At practice Friday, C.J. Watson filled in for Williams, with Tyshawn Taylor running the second unit.
- Deron Williams to miss 2 practices - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Deron dealing with ankle injury - Rod Boone - Newsday
Deron Williams dealing with inflammation in left ankle Rod Boone - Newsday
- Avery Johnson says Deron Williams has ankle tendinitis, will miss two practice days - Kristie Ackert - New York Daily News
- Deron misses Nets practice with tendinitis in ankle - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- With Deron out, Nets get better look at backup guards - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Nets waive Scott, Mays to trim roster to 15 - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Nets Discusses Deron's (Minor) Injury (Video) - Ben Couch - Brooklyn Nets