Brooklyn Nets/Adam Pantozzi
Finally, after a hectic off-season and a few weeks of informal practicing in East Rutherford --and exciting Media Day in Brooklyn, the Nets will take the court in their Brooklyn Basketball gear and under the tutelage of Avery Johnson. Training Camp has begun.
Avery Johnson will blow the whistle this morning at the PNY Center, opening training camp. Forgive him and the Nets if they're a bit excited following Media Day. It was a very different Media Day. It was their first as the Brooklyn Nets, their first at their new home, their first in their new uniforms (unveiled only three days earlier) and for 10 of them, their first together.
But more than anything else, it was the first time since 2003 that the Nets looked and sounded like a team that could win. The excitement was palpable, as was the confidence. Concerns were expressed about the team's defense (or lack thereof) and about how fast they could gel, but bottom line was that from Avery Johnson to Tornike Shengelia, Media Day was about having fun on the basketball court. Now, comes the hard part.
- Nets Speak of Championship Potential - Howard Beck - New York Times
- Brand new Nets: Expectations, spirits high at Barclays Center - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- For Brooklyn Nets, no defense for bad ‘D’ - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Deron Williams Media Day Interview (Video) - David Aldridge - NBA.com
- Nets Media Day (Video) - Pete Tenney - Brooklyn Fans
- Deron Williams Pranks Avery Johnson (Video) - Pete Tenney - Brooklyn Fans