"I might shed a tear," Deron Williams said.
"Even though it's a preseason game," Avery Johnson said, "it's still our first game in Brooklyn in the Barclays Center, and that means a lot for so many people."
Johnson will go with the same basic rotation as he played Saturday in Atlantic City, and he'll be hoping for better defense from his second unit. MarShon Brooks is out of his walking boot and has been fitted for orthotics, but he won't play Monday night or Tuesday in Boston. Tyshawn Taylor is also still out.
Andray Blatche will be playing against his old team, the only he ever played for before joining the Nets. Once again, he expressed his gratitude to the Nets for giving him a second chance.
- Nets eager for first game at Barclays Center tonight - Rod Boone - Newsday
- Nets set for first rehearsal at Barclays - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Nets 'super-excited' for first game at Barclays Center - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Three things to watch for in Nets-Wizards - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
Nets-Wizards: 5 things to watch for - Devin Kharpertian - Nets are Scorching
- Nets vs. Wizards - Pregame Interviews (Video) - Brooklyn Nets
- Tonight Is the Nets’ First Game in Brooklyn - Will Leitch - New York Magazine
Andray Blatche: ‘I’m blessed to be here with a second chance’ - Michael Lee - Washington Post