Greg M. Cooper-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
And so it begins. Well, not quite. That's November 1, but Saturday night will mark the NBA debut of the Brooklyn Nets as well as their new Nets' black road uniforms. Only Jay-Z has worn one in front of a crowd. The venue is ironic. After trying to get out of New Jersey for a decade, the team's first game as Brooklyn's team will be in New Jersey. The game starts at 7 p.m. There will be no television.
The Nets will be without MarShon Brooks, Tyshawn Taylor and Jerry Stackhouse. The Sixers will be without their best player, Andrew Bynum. Philly had a turnover almost as radical of the Nets. In addition to acquiring Bynum and Jason Richardson in the Dwight Howard trade, the Sixers signed Nick Young and Dorell Wright as well as Kwame Brown, who is starting in Bynum's place while he recovers from surgery. Without Andre Iguodala expect to see a lot of Jrue Holiday and Evan Turner. Holiday had 27 points on Thursday night, in less than 20 minutes.
Expect Avery Johnson to work his backcourt rotations, even without Brooks. Deron Williams, Joe Johnson and C.J. Watson (one of the stars of training camp) should see a lot of time in a number of permutations. More importantly, expect to see improvements but if you don't there will five more pre-season games to work things out.
- Brooklyn Nets Game Notes - Brooklyn Nets
- Philadelphia 76ers Game Notes - Philadelphia 76ers
- New-look Nets open preseason - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Three things to watch in Nets-Sixers - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Antsy Nets finally get a chance to play someone else - Rod Boone - Newsday
- Nets to start preseason in New Jersey against 76ers - Kristie Ackert - NY Daily News
- This Sixers team much improved over last season’s - Bob Cooney - Philadelphia Daily News
- 76ers want ball in Jrue Holiday's hands - John N. Mitchell - Philadelphia Inquirer
- Turner adapting to life as starting small forward - Dei Lynam - CSN Philly
- 76ers bringing new optimism to A.C. tonight for preseason game against Brooklyn Nets - Mike McGarry - Press of Atlantic City