MarShon Brooks will be out 7-10 days, meaning he is likely to miss most of the pre-season. As he has in the past, Brooks is suffering from tendinitis and showed up at Thursday's practice in a walking boot. Avery Johnson says he expects no long term problem.
"If he comes out of the boot in two days, we rehab him for two days and then condition him, then maybe he can play at the end of next week, maybe the last preseason game at Nassau (Coliseum October 24), fine," Johnson said, "but that's really conservative."
Brooks thinks he's "day-to-day" with "a little inflammation."
Meanwhile, Tyshawn Taylor got his first minutes in practice after being held out with a quadriceps strain. He too is expected to miss the 76ers game in Atlantic City Saturday. Josh Childress also practiced. He's had achilles soreness. Jerry Stackhouse, following a visit to an Atlanta acupuncturist, was shooting around at PNY Center. No word if he will play in AC. The Nets have 18 players under contract.
- MarShon Brooks of New Jersey Nets out 7 to 10 days - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- MarShon Brooks possibly out 7-10 days - Rod Boone - All Nets
- Nets play it cautious with MarShon Brooks - Rod Boone - New York Newsday
- MarShon Brooks Could Miss Much of Nets' Preseason - Howard Beck - Off the Dribble
- Nets' Brooks out 7-10 days with tendinitis in foot - Howie Kussoy - New York Post Nets Blog
- Right foot keeping MarShon benched - Howie Kussoy - New York Post
- Tyshawn Taylor finally practices in full - Rod Boone - New York Newsday
- Taylor Practices for First Time, Brooks Out - Ben Couch - Brooklyn Nets
- Meet Tyshawn Taylor (Video) - Brooklyn Fans
- MarShon Brooks Interview - Oct. 11 (Video) - Brooklyn Nets
- Avery Johnson Interview - Oct. 11 | video (Video) - Brooklyn Nets
- Tyshawn Taylor Interview - Oct. 11 (Video) - Brooklyn Nets
- Williams Discusses the Double Crossover - Brooklyn Nets
- Nets Discuss Deron's SI Cover (Video) - Brooklyn Nets