ATLANTA, GA - DECEMBER 30: Jeff Teague #0 of the Atlanta Hawks defends Deron Williams #8 of the New Jersey Nets at Philips Arena on December 30, 2011 in Atlanta, Georgia. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)
Third time's a charm? For the third time in two weeks, NBA scheduler Matt Winick has the Nets and Hawks going against each other. Twice before the Nets have lost to the Hawks, the first time in the home opener by 36 and then in Atlanta by seven five days later.
The Hawks are among the big surprises in the NBA, being the only team to beat the Heat and now sporting a 6-3 record. But they will be without Marvin Williams, who sprained his left ankle in Saturday's win over the Bulls
For the Nets, the injury list is also the news. Mehmet Okur (back spasms) and Damion James (foot) are both out for Monday's game. Brook Lopez (broken foot) gets his walking boot removed this week, but is likely out another month. He is missed.
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- Atlanta Hawks Game Notes - Atlanta Hawks
- Getting Inside - New Jersey Nets - Sports Xchange
- Getting Inside - Atlanta Hawks - Sports Xchange
- Hawks-Nets Preview - Noey Kupchan - Stats LLC
Nets missing Brook Lopez inside - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Nets feel absence of Brook Lopez as offense sputters without him - Michael J. Fensom - Star-Ledger
- Brook Lopez on smooth road to recovery - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Three for all: Atlanta Hawks - Micah Hart - NBA.com
Hawks want more after good start - Michael Cunningham - Atlanta Journal-Constitution