The Nets won every quarter of the game, but took control with a 13-0 run midway through the second quarter and led by eight at the half. They took their first double-digit lead of the season early in the third and opened the game up early in the fourth. Also, in the third, the Nets became the first team in NBA history to put four players with the same last name on the court at the same time.
New Jersey shot just 39 percent from the field, but made 15 of 31 3-point attempts and turned the ball over just 10 times.
Anthony Morrow and Deron Williams led all scorers with 24 points apiece. Morrow was on fire, hitting six of his 10 threes. Williams dished out nine assists and got to the line 13 times. DeShawn Stevenson, getting his first start as a Net, added 15 points, all on 3-pointers, and held DeMar DeRozan to just three points on the other end. Kris Humphries grabbed 16 rebounds and Jordan Farmar hit some big shots off the bench.
Okur left the game in the first quarter with back spasms. In his absence, Johan Petro started the second half and Jordan Williams got 10 minutes of playing time. Also, Morrow had his two front bottom teeth pushed back when he was hit in the mouth and went to the dentist after the game.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Nets use 3-point barrage to beat Raptors 97-85 - AP
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Nancy Newman - YES Network
Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- DeShawn Stevenson Interview (Video) - YES Network
- Jordan Williams Interview (Video) - YES Network
- Teamwork, treys power NJ to win - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nice reunion for Nets’ Humphries - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets get contributions from 3 ‘other’ Williams - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets down Raptors, 97-85, for second win of season - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets' Damion James says injury is not related to broken foot - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Deron Williams returns, scores 24 points to snap New Jersey Nets' six-game skid against Toronto Raptors - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
GAME NOTES: Anthony Morrow, DeShawn Stevenson seize opportunities - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
- Deron Williams, Anthony Morrow lift Nets past Raptors and end losing streak at six games - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Nets notes: Kris Humphries hears more boos - Andy Vasquez - The Record
Quick Hits: Nets 97, Raptors 85 - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Nets tear down Raptors - Steve Buffery - CANOE
- Why are Raptors fans hating on Humphries? - Steve Buffery - CANOE
- Williams, Morrow power Nets to victory over Raptors - Larry Millson - CP
‘NBA cool’ Raptors fall to rebound-hungry Nets - Doug Smith - Toronto Star
- Kris Humphries showered with boos and cheers by Toronto crowd - Stephanie Findlay - Toronto Star
- Not much right in Raptors loss to Nets - Eric Koreen - National Post
- Raptors Can't Handle Nets From Long Range - Toronto Raptors
Assist of the Night - Jose Calderon (Video) - NBA.com