The Nets go into Boston's Garden Wednesday with a five-game losing streak and without Brook Lopez and (probably) Kris Humphries. Not a recipe for success, particularly since the Celtics will have a full cast, including Paul Pierce and Jermaine O'Neal, both of whom has lost games to injuries recently.
Boston (3-3) started slowly because of those injuries but Pierce looked good in his last game. Pierce contributed season highs of 21 points and eight rebounds, and rookie Greg Stiemsma had 13 points and seven boards in 21 minutes. Stiemsma is a D-League recruit who has filled in admirably.
The Nets are shooting a league-low 38.4% from the floor with only one game above 40% this season. One side story: MarShon Brooks will be going up against the team that drafted him, then traded his rights immediately to the Nets. The game concludes the Nets' six games in eight day stretch. Next week, they go out West.
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- Cleveland Cavaliers Game Notes - Boston Celtics
- Getting Inside - New Jersey Nets - Sports Xchange
- Getting Inside - Boston Celtics - Sports Xchange
Nets-Celtics Preview - Alan Ferguson - Stats LLC
- Nets to face Celtics - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Nets endure packed schedule to start season with six games in eight days - Mike Vorkunov - Star-Ledger
- Hope for Humphries, Nets: MRI shows just a sprain - Andy Vasquez
- Brooks gives Nets fans hope - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
Jordan Williams could get call - Greg Hrinya - Examiner
Celtics' Bass earning minutes in crunch time - Frank Dell'Apa - Boston Globe
- Nets thumbnails - Frank Dell'Apa - Boston Globe
- Battle on at the point - Mark Murphy - Boston Herald
Greg Stiemsma steps up for Celtics - Steve Bulpett - Boston Herald