The shorthanded Nets played well in Indiana on Tuesday, and they showed some fight in coming back from an 18-point deficit in the fourth quarter. But the comeback fell short and the Pacers came away with a 106-99 victory...but lost George Hill to an ankle fracture.
The game was tight throughout the first half and tied midway through the third quarter. The Pacers then went on a 12-0 run and eventually led 97-79 with 8:35 to go in the fourth. At that point, Deron Williams and Anthony Morrow led the Nets on a 16-1 run to get within three. But the Nets were unable to secure a critical rebound in the final minute that would have given them a chance to tie, and the Pacers finished them off.
The Nets shot 47 percent from the field, but turned the ball over 19 times and allowed the Pacers to shoot 52 percent. Williams led the Nets with 34 points and seven assists. Morrow scored a season-high 28 points, hitting five of his eight threes. Kris Humphries recorded his ninth double-double.
Hill went down in the third quarter when he fell against Johan Petro's foot.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- First Half Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Williams Smashes (Video) - NBA.com
- George leads Pacers past Nets 106-99 - AP
- Nets comeback attempt falls short, they lose to Pacers - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Giants players sit courtside, watch Deron Williams - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Nets late rally falls short as Pacers hang on - Andy Vasquez - The Record
Nets lose to Indiana Pacers in Indianapolis - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Rapid Reaction: Pacers 106, Nets 99 - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Nancy Newman - YES Network
- From the Booth (Video) - Ian Eagle & Mike Fratello - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Shelden Williams Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
Pacers George Hill out indefinitely with chip fracture in ankle - Kurt Helin - NBC Sports
Indiana Pacers 106, New Jersey Nets 99: Indiana Holds on Against Nets - Nathan S. - Indy Cornrows