BOSTON, MA - JANUARY 06: Danny Granger #33 of the Indiana Pacers looks on before the game against the Boston Celtics on January 6, 2012 at TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)
The Nets will face another (slightly) banged-up team Tuesday night when they play the 13-6 Pacers in Super Bowl-mad Indianapolis. The problem is the Nets are really banged up, with MarShon Brooks and DeShawn Stevenson joining the (barely) walking wounded that already included Brook Lopez, Damion James and Mehmet Okur.
Roy Hibbert, the Pacers' 7'2" center, has been making great strides, but he underwent surgery Monday to repair a broken nose. If he plays he'll wear a mask. He also has a bum right ankle. Jeff Foster is out with a bad back. Otherwise, the Pacers should be fine and they are becoming a solid if young team, with Hibbert, Danny Granger, Darren Collison, David West and Paul George (who went 5-for-5 from three when the two teams played in Newark).
The Nets may have to start Larry Owens, the D-League call-up at small forward with Stevenson and Damion James out and Shawne Williams restricted to limited minutes. Brooks status will be updated later today although his tweets seemed to indicate he won't be out long.
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- Indiana Pacers Game Notes - Indiana Pacers
Getting Inside - New Jersey Nets - Sports Xchange
- Getting Inside - Indiana Pacers - Sports Xchange
Nets-Pacers Preview - Santosh Venkataraman - Stats LLC
- Nets' rookie MarShon Brooks has broken toe, joins long list of injured players in New Jersey - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Nets latest injury woe: MarShon Brooks has fractured toe - Pete Caldera - The Record
- MarShon Brooks of Nets out indefinitely with fractured right pinky toe - Howie Kussoy - New York Post
- After full year on job, Vogel has re-energized Pacers - Mike Wells - Indianapolis Star
- NBA preview: Nets at Pacers - Mike Wells - Indianapolis Star