The Nets have their first winning streak of the season thanks to a wire-to-wire, 99-96 victory in Cleveland on Friday night.
The Nets made seven of their first 10 shots and led 30-20 after the first quarter. The second period was much uglier, but they still led by 10 at halftime. They went up by as many as 16 in the third and by 17 midway through the fourth. The Cavs made a late run to get within four with 16 seconds left, but they never got a chance to tie.
The Nets shot 46 percent from the field and 11-for-28 from 3-point range, turning the ball over just 14 times. Deron Williams led the way once again, scoring 27 points and dishing out 10 assists, hitting five of his nine threes. Anthony Morrow added 22 points and Kris Humphries recorded his eighth double-double of the season with 18 points and 11 rebounds.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Notebook: Nets 99, Cavaliers 96 - Brian Dulik - NBA.com
- Williams leads Nets past Cavaliers, 99-96 - AP
- Nets down Cavaliers, putting them in a playoff hunt - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Brooks will undergo tests Saturday - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets conquer Cavaliers, feel playoffs in reach - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Nets' Brooks slow Achilles 'heal' - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets notch longest winning streak of the season - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Nets take second straight with a 99-96 win over Cavaliers - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Nets notes: Brooks still out - - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Rapid Reaction: Nets 99, Cavaliers 96 - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Nancy Newman - YES Network
- From the Booth (Video) - Ian Eagle & Mike Fratello - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Anthony Morrow Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
Kyrie Irving has 32 points but Nets thump lifeless Cavaliers - Mary Schmitt Boyer - Cleveland Plain-Dealer
- Slow starts inexcusable - Mary Schmitt Boyer - Cleveland Plain-Dealer
- Irving’s late scoring flurry not enough, Cavs fall - Jason Lloyd - Akron Beacon Journal
- Nets ruin Irving’s big night - Bob Finnan - Lorain Morning Journal
CAVALIERS: Cavs Comeback Falls Short - Joe Gabriele - Cleveland Cavaliers