MIAMI, FL - JANUARY 21: Andre Iguodala #9 of the Philadelphia 76ers looks on during a game against the Miami Heat at American Airlines Arena on January 21, 2012 in Miami, Florida. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and/or using this Photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images)
Sometimes, it's best that you do nothing. That seems to be one lesson from the 76ers' strong start. Rod Thorn did little over the off-season other than draft Nikola Vucevic and dump Marreese Speights, giving his team both stability and solid chemistry when games finally began. The result is the fourth best record in the NBA at the quarter pole.
The Sixers have remarkable offense balance with eight players averaging between nine and 15 points a game, led by Louis Williams, Andre Iguodala and Thaddeus Young (all Billy King draft picks). Jrue Holiday rounds out the top four. The Sixers, 8-1 at home, will be without their two top big men, Spencer Hawes and Vucevic, putting ex-Net Tony Battie in the starting lineup once again. One problem for the Sixers: despite their record, new ownership and an aggressive marketing campaign, they are 27th in the league in home attendance. The Nets are 24th.
For the Nets, MarShon Brooks (tendinitis) will be a game time decision. DeShawn Stevenson (knee) was hurting in the Nets loss to the Bulls, but both Jordan Farmar and Anthony Morrow have been shooting the lights out from deep lately and should see a lot of action in the City of Brotherly Love.
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- Philadelphia 76ers Game Notes - Philadelphia 76ers
- Getting Inside - New Jersey Nets - Sports Xchange
- Getting Inside - Philadelphia 76ers - Sports Xchange
- Nets-76ers Preview - Santosh Venkataraman - NBA.com
- Nets coping despite calamities - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Nets lose Damion James for rest of season - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Sixers coping with this unusual season - Bob Cooney - Philadephia Daily News
Allen makes a strong impression - John Mitchell - Philadelphia Inquirer
- Sixers Use Bobblers, Rally Towels Draw Fans - NBC 10 Philadelphia
Despite injuries, Wallace not an option for Sixers - Comcast Sports Net Philadelphia