The Nets go into Chicago on somewhat of a high. They've won two of the last three, three of the last six, and four of the last 10. Considering how the season started, that's not bad. And the Bulls are not in great shape. Derrick Rose has missed the past four games with a turf toe injury. He'll once again be a game time decision Monday ... although he claims he'll play.
ESPN Chicago's Nick Friedell writes it doesn't end there. Joakim Noah missed Saturday's game because of an ankle injury he suffered in Friday's win over the Cavaliers, but Noah's optimistic about returning vs. the Nets. Luol Deng underwent an MRI on his left wrist Sunday and will be re-evaluated by team physicians on Monday. It's unlikely he can play. Taj Gibson is a different story. He spent Saturday night in a walking boot after injuring his ankle Friday.
For the Nets, Avery Johnson says he expects to reach deeper into the roster to give rotational players some rest in the third night of a back-to-back-to-back. Shawne Williams can be expected to play around the same he played on Sunday, 16 minutes. With DeShawn Stevenson looking like he's in pain, that might become a necessity. Sundiata Gaines should see more action as well.
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- Chicago Bulls Game Notes - Chicago Bulls
- Getting Inside - New Jersey Nets - Sports Xchange
- Getting Inside - Chicago Bulls - Sports Xchange
- Up next: Nets at Bulls - The Record
- Nets face Chicago Bulls in their third game in three days - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Chicago Bulls' Derrick Rose game-time call vs. New Jersey Nets - Nick Friedell - ESPN Chicago
- Chcago Bulls' Luol Deng undergoes MRI on injured left wrist - Nick Friedell - ESPN Chicago
- New Jersey Nets at Chicago Bulls preview - K.C. Johnson - Chicago Tribune
Deng likely out Monday vs. Nets - Matt Moore - CBS Sports
- Rip Hamilton simplifying game for Bulls - Shams Charania - Chicago Now
Taj out, Deng, Noah, Rose gametime decisions - Doug Thonus - Chicago Now