Unable to hang with the improved Indiana Pacers without Kris Humphries (shoulder injury), the Nets dropped their fifth straight game on Monday, falling 108-94 at the Prudential Center. Indiana led from start to finish, scoring the first six points of the game and leading by as many as 19.
The Nets were within five early in the third quarter, but just couldn't stop the Pacers, who shot 53 percent from the field and 13-for-21 from 3-point range, making it two straight nights where the Nets allowed their opponent to shoot better than 60 percent from deep.
The Nets shot just 31 percent themselves, getting little beyond Deron Williams 22 points and MarShon Brooks' 21. Brooks came off the bench in the first quarter, but started the third, shooting 8-for-17 and also grabbing seven rebounds. Williams dished out eight assists.
Avery Johnson said Humphries would undergo an MRI Tuesday but said "it doesn't look good", that the Nets leading rebounder couldn't raise his left arm without pain. The Nets also got a scare in the second quarter when Deron Williams met Tyler Hansbrough in a mid-air collision and fell on his ribs.
Jordan Williams made his NBA debut but did not score in nearly three minutes.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- George scores 21 Pacers beat skidding Nets - Tom Canavan - AP
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Chris Shearn - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- MarShon Brooks Interview (Video) - YES Network
- Anthony Morrow Interview (Video) - YES Network
- Struggling Nets in need of nametags - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets' Humphries out indefinitely with bum shoulder - Tim Bontemps & Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Rookie Brooks pumps up Nets' attack - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Deron WIlliams fall gives Nets a scare in fifth loss in row - Mike Vasquez - The Record
Nets Notes: Humphries needs MRI on injured shoulder - Mike Vasquez - The Record
- Nets drop fifth game in a row, falling to Indiana Pacers - Mike Vorkunov - Star-Ledger
- Kris Humphries sits out of Nets' loss with shoulder injury - Mike Vorkunov - Star-Ledger
- Nets Are Off Target in Loss to Pacers - Jake Appleman - New York Times
- Nets fall to Indiana Pacers at Prudential Center, Deron Williams fine after colliding with Tyler Hansbrough - Krstie Ackert - New York Daily News
- Rapid Reaction: Pacers 108, Nets 94 - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Kris Humphries will undergo MRI on shoulder - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
NETS Game Center (Game Six) - Ben Couch - New Jersey Nets
- For Pacers, it's finally season for sharing - Mike Wells - Indianapolis Star
Foster eager to return - Mike Wells - Indianapolis Star