Chris Paul is questionable and likely out of the Nets final game on their four-game west coast road trip. For the Nets, it's another piece of luck. In Denver, they missed Ty Lawson and in Phoenix, they missed Steve Nash. Worked out once, didn't once.
But if Paul is out, one of the Clippers' alternative scenarios has to send shivers up and down the spines of Nets coaches and players spines. Vinny Del Negro is thinking about going big. "Caron (Butler) could play some two guard, we can go big…Blake (Griffin) at three, zone, some man," Del Negro said. Blake Griffin at the three? Gulp.
Have no fear, Kris Humphries is here. In four career games as a Net vs. the Clippers, Hump has averaged 19.5 points and almost 12 rebounds while making 32 of 43 shots. He's also given Blake Griffin fits. Griffin had one of the worst games of his rookie year, with just 11 points and 3 rebounds, against Humphries.
As for Caron Butler, the Clippers' small forward said that he signed with L.A. even though the Nets had offered him more money. He said the prospect of Dwight Howard wasn't real enough to him and when the Clippers phoned with an offer as he exited his meeting with Billy King, he took their call.
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- Denver Nuggets Game Notes - Los Angeles Clippers
- Getting Inside - New Jersey Nets - Sports Xchange
- Getting Inside - Los Angeles Clippers - Sports Xchange
Nets-Clippers Preview - Kate Hedlin - Stats LLC
- Chris Paul may be out for the Clippers against the Nets - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Clippers’ Caron Butler "seriously considered" coming to Nets - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Caron Butler wouldn't wait for the Nets - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
- Chris Paul may miss Clippers game against Nets with hamstring injury - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Caron Butler's choice to join Clippers over Nets seems to paying off - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
In case you missed it ... - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Clippers' Paul questionable Monday with strained hamstring - AP
- Chris Paul's MRI exam on hamstring is negative, Clippers say - Bradford Turner - Los Angeles Times
- Clippers today: vs. New Jersey - Bradford Turner - Los Angeles Times
- Paul’s MRI shows no significant hamstring damage - Dan Woike - Orange County Register
- Chris Paul's hamstring MRI negative - Arash Markazi - ESPN Los Angeles
Paul listed as day to day with hamstring injury - Michael Martinez - FOX Sports LA
- Los Angeles Clippers new hot ticket in town - Bob Young - Arizona Republic
Clippers vs. New Jersey - Game Preview - Stever Perrin - Clips Nation